Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thursday Blooms

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 15:05

Several Re-bloomers today...I discovered four more with rebloom scapes, so I am up to 50.

Water Drops: First REbloom:

Photobucket

might as well continue in this vein, Winner's Trophy:

Photobucket

Ledgewood's Firecracker:

Photobucket

and Cosmic Kaleidescope:

Photobucket

How about a Trahlyta Group:

Photobucket

Lily Dache is another good bloomer:

Photobucket

No re-bloom scapes on Man of Sorrows, but I keep hoping:

Photobucket

Filled to Overflowing with a friend:

Photobucket

F. Spellbinder is one of the blooms that changes but is always lovely:

Photobucket

Call me Pretty is a pretty one:

Photobucket

okay, El Deperado is acting out as usual - what can you say about such:

Photobucket

Even better up close:
Photobucket

and Carolina Sugar Daddy trio:

Photobucket

I'm well past peak, but still a lot of bloom:

Photobucket

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thursday Blooms

Kay, they all look very good. It amazies me that the old Trahlyta always looks so beautiful. She's my pick..Ellie

o

I think El Desperado is plotting to take over your entire garden. LOL! I love the first two rebloomers and Man of Sorrows. Fifty with rebloom coming is terrific! I'm up to 35 with rebloom scapes, which is surprising considering the lack of rain.

Debra

o

OH gosh, I just LOVE that garden shot! I see your HOT LIPS Salvias blooming em mass back there. Looks so good. My little plant just had it's first bloom. But the daylilies all look just so good. Love them all. My favorite today is Cosmic Kaleidescope, what a lovely and unusual bloom.

o

El Desperado is amazing. Gotta love it. Ledgewood's Firecracker is my favorite today.
Val

o

Not even going to try to pick a favorite from these, every one is a winner. I'm so envious of Trahlyta. I got one in trade 5 years ago. Puny little plant, looked more like a proliferation. It has been very slow to grow, but has gotten a little bigger every year. I moved it, was sure it would bloom this year. Decent size now, but not one single bloom.

o

MAN OF SORROWS is gorgeous.LOVE THat one. and EL DESPERATO is gorgeous/ Guess I am going to have to dig mine beck up and put it ina pot to get it to grow and bloom again.dont have a scape yet.I have a custard candy and buttered popcorn bloomed gresat for 2 years, and nothing for the last 2 years... allmy potted ones do great.

jean

o

Trahlyta is doing pretty well...first time ever she has put up more than a couple blooms at the time, Ellie.

It looks that way, funny. Usually when one really outdoes itself blooming, it slows waaaaaay done a year or so later. We'll see. Debra, I found two more with re-bloom scpapes this afternoon; Eyes on the Prize and Etosha. At this rate there will be more than last year's 59 re-bloomers. Right now I can think of eight that are reblooming and I sure there are others. Crazy year.

Hi Rita, yes and you can see the blue of the black and blue salvia about a foot taller behind it. I do love the bloom on Cosmic Kaleidescope. It has two prolifs on it that I will try to root when they are a little further along.

Thanks Nancy. My Trahlyta was very slow to develop.

Well Jean, you have a lot of beautiful daylilies blooming, so they must do fine in pots for you. I hate to see Man of Sorrows finish blooming.
kay

o

I love the garden pics you post. So colorful even now when you say your past peak bloom.

I'm amazed at the number of blooms on EL DESPERADO. Mark had a special on COSMIC KALEIDESCOPE but I decided to hold off this year. Sure has an interesting pattern.

Julia

o

water drops. wow! and that El D looks really great so many blooms. :)

o

El Desperado looks amazing! Sea of blooms :)
I love your garden shots too. What's the pink one on the left, a lot of blooms too.
Is Man of Sorrows listed as rebloomer? It's such a pretty color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here