Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Scapes and garden pictures.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

Boy I can really see scapes up now everywhere I look on the daylilies!

Meantime my first lilies of the year have started blooming.

Clematis just look so pretty.

My tomato plants are growing like crazy.

I have been growing spring peas in pots. They have been flowering and I have been picking and eating.

But I grow all kinds of things. This is the hairy vetch flowering. Commonly grown as a cover crop. I just grow it because I think it is pretty.

And now for some roses-

Comments (16)

• shive
    10 years ago

That clematis is a gorgeous color. My Asiatic lilies just started blooming yesterday. I guess we're on the same schedule for those. Your roses seem to be having an excellent spring with just loads of blooms. Did you get a lot of rain this year?

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh yes, rain, rain and more rain. Tons of rain.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Ah, the roses, a feast for the eyes. I keep looking at the pictures, each rose is so pretty individually, but I love seeing them all together. I don't think I've every seen hairy vetch before, it is rather pretty with its purple flowers & rather ferny looking leaves.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The hairy vetch is actually a member of the pea family.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The roses are beautiful, and the tomatoes are impressive. Can't wait to see the daylilies.
    kay

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love your yard. If you can remember your roses' names, I wish you would let us know what they are. Can't wait to see your daylilies. Sarah

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Too many roses crammed to close together to ID them.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Hot ziggidy dog. wont be long now till you will have lots of daylilies and photos of those to post for us.Them roses are a fest for the eyes, gorgeous roses, and I been going back and forth looking at them and that yellow rose, could that one be Sunsprite?? beautiful.I loe them roses almost as much as the daylilies, sooooo pretty.well, I didn't know the name of that stuff with the tiny purple flowers, but,it grows wild around here and is just called weeds..according to the weather channel, you are going to get more rain, too.and I had to water plants this morning as they were starting to wilt.my tomatoe plants looked like I poured boiling hot water on them, so I got the hose and watered them good, looking at them a few minutes ago, they all standing up good, now,and I ofund a tiny little bell pepper too.

jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yep, raining now. The yellow roses in rose pictures 3 and 4 are Sunsprites, Good call Jean!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

First rose may be Nicole. Peas look scrumptious.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is not Nicole but it is a Nicole lookalike. Called something like "Nostagales". But that is not exactly the names I don't think.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Rita, everything looks lush but the roses are fantastic. they are all so colorful and beautiful. Love the peas and tomatoes. Is the vetch, the same as what I yank up from my garden? I think it must be. It's really aggressive here! Lovely photo's.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, another Nicole look alike isCherry Parfait. set them side by side and wouldn't be able to tell the difference oother then Nicole grows much bigger and taller. but blooms looks alike. I forgot to mention them peas. they sure look nice.tomatoes, too.hows your cucumbers doing?

jean

• houstmag
    10 years ago

WOW!!! amazing garden is all I can say.
    Linda

• deangreen
    10 years ago

again with the roses. wow!! so nice. :)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Jean, that is not Cherry Parfeit. I have two Cherry Parfeit and I do remember them.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor