Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maxbaerhems

Garden Tour

MaxBaerHems
15 years ago

Some of you folks mentioned last year...that you wanted to know if the garden pic's I put up for a garden tour... was a garden that could be visited and if so...when it was open. I got a newsletter from the fine folks that own that garden. They are having an open house for two different dates this year. Those dates are: 4-5 July and 11-12 July 2008 They have beautiful gardens and are wonderful folks to talk with. I know some of the PA folks said they would like to visit the place. I will place the address here for those that might want to attend. If you want any more info then that just drop me an e-mail and I'll be glad to answer any questions. The gardens are just west of Interstate 83 South from Harrisburg and York, Pa. Exit 28. It is very easy to get to and is about 15 miles South of Harrisburg. The address is 170 Weire Road York, Pa 17404

It is a wonderful way to spend an some time.....open from 10 Am till 5 Pm. Great ice tea and cookies too....LOL

Rick

Comments (6)

• katlynn719
    15 years ago

Wish I could see this garden in person! I remember the beautiful pics you shared with us, Rick. Here's a link for anyone who missed it or would like to refresh their memory.
    Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Tour Photos from 2007

• proteinqueenfccc
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely feeling the need for a road trip. Can hit your friend's garden, the Herr garden and Perfect Perennials with a quick stop to see my parents in York, PA. What a great day it will be. Do your friends open their garden as a benefit for a charity or is just a treat for the community?

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again Kathy..:) PQ it sounds like you will have a wonderful day hitting all 3 of those gardens...D Kendig is who got me started in Daylilies...She and her Hubby are wonderful folks and have a really nice operation going. The Herr's gardens are just flat awesome! I think the Miller's open their garden mainly just because they love plants. They have a design business and also sell neat garden pieces. They don't have the latest top of the line new intros....they just have a Beautiful garden filled with beautiful Daylilies. They do take orders for the Fall.....Curvin divides in the early Fall and sells off his extras...But to be honest...I think he and his wife do this twice a year to just share the beauty of their gardens and love of gardening. If you get a chance...go...it will be worth it.....for sure....:)

Rick

• lynxe
    15 years ago

How I'd love to visit! But I don't think it's going to be possible this year. :(

I second the idea of a visit to Don Herr's. What a place! I've not had the chance to visit Perfect Perennials, but I've been told the Kendig's place is fantastic.

You guys are so lucky!

• juliet11
    15 years ago

Thanks for letting us know - that garden is gorgeous! The kids have been asking to go to Hershey Park so maybe we'll all go.

Juliet

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You guy's are very welcome....if you get a chance....go...:) Also if going to Hershey Park....stop at a Giant's Food Store and buy Tickets for the park....Much cheaper then buying at the gate..:)
    Lynxe......you are so right....the setting of the Kindig's place is just beautiful.....I think it's about 2 1/2 acres and has a real nice farm pond with an island....gorgeous layout too. But the best part of their place is Them...:)

Rick