Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Here's The Latest

avedon_gw
10 years ago

These are FFOS from yesterday and today, hope there is something here for everyone--

Blooming Saturday:

Turkish Turban--love this flower, a big favorite

My seedling cross--no name

Meringue Mirage--a last year's plant, but first time for me to see the bloom, and it is so beautiful, I could hardly believe it--looked like a big pouf of petals, wonderful!!

Princeton Point Lace-one petal is not quite right, but this will be better as it goes along.

Now for today's flowers:

Orange Velvet--improves each year

Light Of Heaven--a new bonus with a new fan and scape which produced this bloom--impressive growth

Sunday Gloves--another one I love--notice the black anthers--I don't know how many DLS have black anthers, but they easily show up on this one.

Jolyene Nicole--another of those bargain unnamed DLS I bought several years ago. I am sure now that this is JN for all the stats seem to match up

Rambunctious Rosie: brand new and first bloom--couldn't be missed because of the size and color--a knockout flower!!

Amethyst Crown--lovely flower. This one was not blooming for a few years, and we suspect it had sunk because of moles running underneath it. My husband raised it this year, and guess what--now there are blooms.

These are the newest, but I plan to do a clump shot post again real soon, for I have several that are nice. Here's a preview:

Destined To See Clump: I believe there are eleven flowers blooming, really pretty. Avedon

Comments (12)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I like your seedling very much. Nice form. Good clump shot of Destined to See and Rambunctious Rosie really jumps out at you.........Maryl

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Lovely blooms. And wow, I love your no name seedling cross. Such a beautiful color. It is my favorite of the batch today.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

WELL, AVEDON, I like all of them, especially the first two. love those. Your JOLYENE NICOLE looks exactly like mine. mine should bloom any day now.Some times I have one blooming and don't see it till nearly dark, like yesterday I had 2 blooms on PRARIE BLUE EYES and did not see it till almost dark, today it hs no bloom.your seedling is very pretty, too, and that last one of the clup shot is gorgeous.Very good show of blooms today.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

The Destined to See clump is magnificent! How wonderful to
    see 11 blooms on it a once. That's one of my favorites here. I noticed my DTS actually has some side branching on it this year. It must finally like where I have it planted. I grew it in a pot for many years, and it never had many buds growing that way. Your seedling is a really pretty lavender purple, and I like the watermark. Rambunctious Rosie looks like she would be an a!ttention-getter with her color and size! Sunday Gloves looks especially pretty with the waterdrops and the black anthers.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Love that fabulous clump of Destines to See. Beautiful. And Rambunctious Rosie is my kind of flower. Love the color, the apparent size, and the name. That's my pick.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Beautiful color on Turkish Turban, my favorite though is Rambunctious Rosie. I don't think I've seen that one before. Your DTS clump is lovely, one of my favorite daylilies.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

lovely double creamy pink seedling! I like the way the petals look a bit crinkly... so cool :)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All are great but you know I am partial to Rambunctious Rosie. Can't wait to see mine bloom again. Nice big flowers on that one.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a stunning group I love love love your seedling and your Destined To See clump is amazing.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Looking over these again, I m struck by how pretty your nameless seedling is. The color seems similar, but I actually prefer it's soft beauty to Turkish turban. I like the slightly darker edge on the sepals too
    kay

• TNY78
    10 years ago

LOVE the color of "Destined to See"! Also your seedling os very pretty :)

Tammy

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Nice photos. I like your double seedling. After looking at all your pretty blooms, I will pick RR as my favorite. Ellie

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz