Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Tuesday FFOs + Others

avedon_gw
10 years ago

It rained a lot this morning, starting at midnight, a total surprise since the weather people said the rain would go south of us. I wasn't sure if I could get good pictures, but I think these are not bad.

Collard Dream--FFO opened a few days ago, but I forgot to post it. This is a new bonus plant this year, and for sure it is RED.

Forsyth Flaming Snow-FFO today and looking so delicate and beautiful. Fortunately, the rain didn't seem to bother it at all.

Alabama Jubilee--FFO and brand new in the garden. Wow, what a color-sure makes a statement. It has good substance and it stood up to the rain just fine.

Northfield FFO--we have had this one for several years, and I was not surprised to see it poly or whatever the correct term is for multiple petals and sepals. This one has a lot, maybe "fused bloom" is right.

Now for some you have seen before:

Meringue Mirage--I could hardly believe that the rain would not damage these blooms, but they are just fine, barely touched at all.

Jean Swann--same thing,lots of rain and flowers showing no real damage. I'm impressed, love it when the flowers can stand up to adverse conditions.

Beautiful Edgings Trio with Small World Snow Owl peeking out underneath. The scapes on BE are so tall, at least 42 inches on this one, and most of them are 40". Fantastic for a one year plant!!

Julianna Lynn with raindrops and looking good. I wanted to do a comparison of this one and Susan Weber following to see the similarities and differences.

Susan Weber--the colors looks so close to me, just different shaped petals and sepals and Susan is bigger.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner