Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So, what did I do to my daylilies -not enough water, micronutrien

Posted by jenraider72 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 15:25

PhotobucketI'm just wondering if this is something I can remedy, or is it just the hot sun beating down on them? I water them regularly, but I also use Spray n Grow once per week. Is it something I'm doing wrong that I can correct? Thanks for the help.PhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So, what did I do to my daylilies -not enough water, micronut

Could cats or dogs be urinating on them? I've seen something similar happen to two of mine when my male cat sprayed them repeatedly.

Debra

o

Didn't think of that. The crem colored ones are right by the sidewalk, so maybe dogs? The red are set back, and we don't have any cats or dogs, but sometimes I do see the odd "Battlecat" roaming the area at night, so that could be. I guess there's not much I can do about that. I'm really just happy that nothing is eating these, like all of my lilies which were decapitated 1 or 2 a night. Thanks for the reply!

o

There's always some die-back of leaves when the temps get really hot. That's what the leaves on the red one appear to be.

Debra

o

So, nothing to fret about then, correct? that works for me. Thanks for your help

o

I've had a lot of rough looking foliage this year that I blame on the spring up & down temps. And when it gets hot it just happens. I have a couple of daylilies that look like they are dying, but they just go dormant when the temps are so hot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here