Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

FFOs Yesterday And Today

avedon_gw
10 years ago

I meant to get a post out last night, but didn't make it. It's just as well since there were four new ones blooming today and I can do everything at once. Avedon

Smoky Mountain Autumn FFO today

Voila Francois FFO today--the only really frilly-edged one I have.

Joan Senior FFO today, but just a so-so flower

Jellyroll Truffle FFO today, but not really doubling yet.

Iszy Dizzy--first double bloom

Persian Market FFO Yesterday. The color of this is actually correct, I am very surprised. It has never showed the right color before.

Westbourne Good Old Days FFO yesterday and the first time I have seen this plant bloom.

Mystical Rainbow-FFO Yesterday. actually this is a clump shot since MR opened five blooms at once. Love this plant, this is just starting the second year for it to be here, and it is doing great.

Thought a picture of a single bloom of Mystical Rainbow would be nice.

I will close with one you have seen before, but I thought Golliwog put out a perfect bloom today.

Happy Sunday, everybody. Avedon

Comments (11)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Does that scape in the background belong to Golliwog? Fantastic bud count. I too very much like Mystical Rainbow. How does Voila Francois grow for you? Mine has been a bit slow, but it's a completely different climate.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Avedon, Mystical Rainbow photo is wonderful and shows just how much it likes your garden and all those buds yet to open.
    All are very nice photos. Good to hear your comments as well.

Julia

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

First off, thank you for the photo of Westbourne Good Old Days. I just planted mine a couple weeks ago and may or may not see it bloom this year so I enjoyed seeing yours. Also, I love the pic of Golliwog. I ordered that one from Earlybird but haven't gotten my order yet. I am pretty sure it was you who posted pictures last year of it and I fell for it bigtime. I LOVE Golliwog! All are very pretty and looking good.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Westbourne's Good Old Days is a nice bloom, as is Mystical Rainbow, but Golliwog takes the cake again. what an impressive bloom!
    kay

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Love Voila Francois is very beautiful. Just enough of the ruffles to enhance it. Mystical Rainbow doesn't do that well for me but I sure like it. Golliwog is always interesting. Love it!....Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You sure have some good looking blooms. I really love Smoky Mountain Autumn to me it's a perfect bloom in form and color. I've also always wanted Mystical Rainbow but being a dormant it wouldn't do well for me.
    Linda

• shive
    10 years ago

The Mystical Rainbow clump is a stunner, and Westbourne Good Old Days is looking good! Golliwog is such a beauty. Is that it's scape to right of the bloom with all those buds?

Debra

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Tons of pretties here, but I especially like the clump shot of Mystical Rainbow.

Chris

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Lots of pretties opening! I really like the pic of Iszy Dizzy and can't pick a favorite between Smoky Mountain Autumn and W.Good Old Days!

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love them all but I have Smoky Mtn. Autumn and it is hard to beat it. I moved Persian Market last year. I hope to see it bloom better this year. Voila Francois is lovely also. Sarah

• deangreen
    10 years ago

great clump of the rainbow flower! and I do love those pale peaches on long petals like Golliwog. great pics. thanks.