THE GOLDILOCKS EFFECT, a nice polychrome addition to the garden:

Photobucket

SIAMESE ROYALTY:

Photobucket

MOKAN BUTTERFLY:

Photobucket

PETTICOAT FRILLS (please ignore all the weeds):

Photobucket

ATLAS SHRUGGED had its FFO today. The white leaves in the background show you how bad the powdery mildew has affected the garden phlox is this year:

Photobucket

A nice mini bouquet of WISPY RAYS:

Photobucket

The only container I have that's thriving this year (probably because I got a self-watering window box):

Photobucket

My homely tomcat garden helper, Bosco:

Photobucket

And an imperial moth, the first one I've ever seen. My finger shows how big he was, and his head was enormous:

Photobucket

Hope you're all managing to stay cool in this sweltering heat -- Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Day's Picks Plus Strange Visitors

Wispy Rays, on your recommendation, is doing well here too. The moth certainly is color coordinated for your decor. Bosco looks like a big boy; look at those thighs. Am still waiting here for Atlas Shrugged to bloom (it's an early for you?).

o

Arctic Lace is so pretty, and it does have a cooling effect. I also like Atlas Shrugged. Is that an extra large bloom? Your container looks great! The self-watering system must be working for you. I've never seen a giant moth like that. Neat colors! I think you really captured Bosco's personality in that photo. Is he licking something off his lip, or does he just want a treat from you?

Debra

o

pretty blooms. I especially like ARTIC LACE AND PETTICOAT FRILLS.. love your window box. I use the self watering pots for some christmas cactus I have.I have them in a utility room that is windows down on e sideand I forget to water them,and ont is too big for me to move it very far anyway,and I put it back there for the winter,and left it there.BOSCO is looking a little rough, like hes been in a fight or hes not tolerating the heat very well. hes very pretty.

jean

o

OH, I had to sacroll down right away to see what the strange vistor was as I was so curious. I have never seen a moth that looks like that. But it is quite pretty.

Bosco looks like a very capable garden helper, like a tuff guy. He is not goping to take any guff from anyone invading his garden LOL! And I like the pretty planter.

Now to go back and look at all your lovely daylily blooms today. Great shot of WISPY RAYS, it looks like it is glowing. So vivid. I love the color on THE GOLDILOCKS EFFECT and it ties for me for favorite with SIAMESE ROYALTY.

o

Love the Tough Guy cat! And that is one bodacious moth. Beautiful blooms. Wispy Rays is my favorite.
kay

o

Thank you all. Yes, Bosco is a tough guy. His ear is permanently flopped over from a hematoma surgery he had about six months ago, but we like the way it makes him look. He must have just eaten a bug in this pic.

Atlas Shrugged is a big flower, and it is blooming right on schedule here.

o

Love the cat. He and my Mickey Blue Eyes could really mix it up I bet. I love your pic of Wispy Rays, but Artic Lace is my favorite. Sarah

o

Huge moth! @_@

I love ARCTIC LACE and THE GOLDILOCKS EFFECT. (My ARCTIC LACE doesn't look like it is going to bloom this year, wah.) I love polychromes in general - I'll have to find out more about that daylily.

o

Arctic Lace looks great. I too like The Goldilocks Effect.
The name Bosco reminds me of the syrup we put in milk when I was a kid. Orange Tabby's are tough guys.LOL
I've never seen a moth like that.

Julia

o

Sarah, did you post a pic of your cat? If so, I might have missed him.

Julia and Poly, TGE was just planted last year so I can't tell you about its performance, but I do like the bloom. And yes, my son named the cat after the chocolate syrup. We've had lots of animals with food names here.

o

Wispy Rays is looking stunning and is my favorite. I agree with some of the others Bosco looks like a good defender of your garden.
Linda

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 8:38

My favorites are The Goldilocks Effect and Wispy Rays. Bosco looks like he heard you call him homely and he didn't like it! Either that or he just caught a snack.

o

I love Bosco just the way he is...the ear flopped over gives him character. (There is a breed, the Scottish Fold where the folded over ear is desirable). And I love ginger cats. My favorite after Bosco is Arctic Lace. I have seen so many photos of it and never tire of it. It just always looks perfect and the name suits it.

Celeste

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here