Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

This is so butt ugly I have no idea what it is supposed to b

caliloo
11 years ago

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has some hideous blooms this year. And I apologize to anyone who suffered eye damage from looking at this thing :-/

Alexa

Comments (11)

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Hahaha Alexa. I had a couple that were eye sores in the beginning. Wait for the next couple of blooms and see if it shapes up. Ellie

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

The next blooms may be beauties.

jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Some beginning blooms were freaks, but settled in nicely.
    kay

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Hmm.... Once the blotchies go away, and the sepals roll back, and she opens all the way, and the colors get a grip on themselves...

But yes, I had some that were just a mess this year also, that were quite lovely last year.

Christine

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

LOL.....Years ago a friend of mine showed me a bloom of one of her hybrids. At first she didn't explain it was hers, and just about the time I was going to say how ugly it was, she revealed herself as the proud hybridizer. The Lord was looking out for me on that one. Hopefully further blooms on this one will not require a trip to the optometrist for your friends or yourself......Maryl

• caliloo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay - I will wait on the next few blooms before I give it Last Rites. Whatever it is is only a couple of fans and has a ton of buds....

Thanks everyone! LOLOLOL!

Alexa

• Ed
    11 years ago

Did you ever buy ROCK CANDY?
    Ed

• sann777
    11 years ago

It looks kind of like one of those daylilies that has "chocolate" in the name. I'm sure some hybridizer loved it once and we shouldn't be calling it "ugly". Sarah

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

lol Alexa, had to comment on this post your headline was so to the point! I had one that my friend gave me last year and I
    was eagerly anticipating its bloom as she said it was pink and
    it was my 1st pink albeit a noid. Well it bloomed and was the ugliest flower I've ever seen in person a muddy pink! But by the 4th or 5th blossom the color was a rosy pink and very pretty. So alas there's still hope Alexa! Rena'

• dementieva
    11 years ago

"Did you ever buy ROCK CANDY?"

Ok Ed, I'll bite. There must be a story behind this one...

Nate

• caliloo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No, ROCK CANDY doesn't sound familiar to me. It should be opening a few blooms in the next day or two so maybe they will be better? Of course, it is supposed to be 100F, so they may not be better at all :-/

Thanks for the comments!

Alexa

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors