Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is so butt ugly I have no idea what it is supposed to b

Posted by caliloo z6/7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 15:44

Photobucket

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has some hideous blooms this year. And I apologize to anyone who suffered eye damage from looking at this thing :-/

Alexa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is so butt ugly I have no idea what it is supposed to b

Hahaha Alexa. I had a couple that were eye sores in the beginning. Wait for the next couple of blooms and see if it shapes up. Ellie

o

The next blooms may be beauties.

jean

o

Some beginning blooms were freaks, but settled in nicely.
kay

o

Hmm.... Once the blotchies go away, and the sepals roll back, and she opens all the way, and the colors get a grip on themselves...

But yes, I had some that were just a mess this year also, that were quite lovely last year.

Christine

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 16:12

LOL.....Years ago a friend of mine showed me a bloom of one of her hybrids. At first she didn't explain it was hers, and just about the time I was going to say how ugly it was, she revealed herself as the proud hybridizer. The Lord was looking out for me on that one. Hopefully further blooms on this one will not require a trip to the optometrist for your friends or yourself......Maryl

o

Okay - I will wait on the next few blooms before I give it Last Rites. Whatever it is is only a couple of fans and has a ton of buds....

Thanks everyone! LOLOLOL!

Alexa

o

Did you ever buy ROCK CANDY?
Ed

o

It looks kind of like one of those daylilies that has "chocolate" in the name. I'm sure some hybridizer loved it once and we shouldn't be calling it "ugly". Sarah

o

lol Alexa, had to comment on this post your headline was so to the point! I had one that my friend gave me last year and I
was eagerly anticipating its bloom as she said it was pink and
it was my 1st pink albeit a noid. Well it bloomed and was the ugliest flower I've ever seen in person a muddy pink! But by the 4th or 5th blossom the color was a rosy pink and very pretty. So alas there's still hope Alexa! Rena'

o

"Did you ever buy ROCK CANDY?"

Ok Ed, I'll bite. There must be a story behind this one...

Nate

o

No, ROCK CANDY doesn't sound familiar to me. It should be opening a few blooms in the next day or two so maybe they will be better? Of course, it is supposed to be 100F, so they may not be better at all :-/

Thanks for the comments!

Alexa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here