nat4b

ffos and ffes on thursday

nat4b
10 years ago

Stella Supreme - I wanted something pale yellow
{{gwi:790191}}

Russian Rhapsody FFO
{{gwi:790193}}
Either the scapes are lower this year or the foliage is SO big that the flowers are barely above it. Almost all dls in that bed are huge this year.

Christopher Moody FFO
{{gwi:790194}}
On last year scape, no new ones. It's one of the three I got last year that survived the winter alright.
I finally counted the other day - lost 19 daylilies :(

And The Band Played On, FFO

It's also from last year, and this one has a normal scape coming up :)

There was an FFO on Moon Over Monteray but it was all tangled and deformed. Well at least it has scapes this year. I transplated it last year to a better location, to give it another chance.

Hmm, caps in the title disappeared..

Thanks for looking!

Comments (9)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Very nice. Christopher Moody is my favorite.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I hate that you lost so many! How sickening! Are you going to tell us what you lost?

I like Christopher Moody very well, but And the Band Played On is my favorite.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Christoper Moody looks large and gorgeous! Many of my daylilies have very short scapes this year. I think it's related to last year's drought.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All nice pics but Christopher Moody is showing very nicely.

Julia

• deangreen
    10 years ago

and the played is such a nice dark one!

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everybody!

Speaking of scapes. Some are so tall this year, for instance on S.Doodlebug. I also found a.. rebloom scape, wow! So excited. The normal ones aren't even ready to bloom, and there it was, little rebloom scape :) That's on 70x7. Also found another broken (blasted) scape. Two on Linda's Magic. They are very very thick. And found a fused scape or whatever it would be called, looks like two stuck to each other, weird.

Kay, thank you. It was very sad :(
    Here they are: Blood sweat and tears*, Cast Your Net, Cherry burst, Chicago apache, Daringly different, Filled to overflowing*, Gwin Leman, Handwriting on the wall, Healing touch, Iowa girl, Kitty Wells, Linda Beck, Man of sorrows*, Rachelle Agin, Russian Temple, Song writer, Sp cranberry kid, Vanilla Lace, Xia Xiang. #20 would be No more tears, but I had another one, 2 yo, which died too, but remarkably came back, and looks ok now, but won't flower.
    The ones with * are re-ordered :) And I will definitely someday reorder Ru Temple, because it was the reason for one of the last year's orders. Thankfully the price came down even more.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Hey Nat....how the heck are you so much ahead of me with blooms? I don't have any ready to open yet and won't for another couple weeks anyways. I love Christopher Moody and The Band Played On. I also lost some daylilies over the winter but not as many as you. I had given up on Rapid Eye Movement and figured it was a goner like the other 4, but last week a green tip started poking up and it looks like one fan survived. But boy did it take it's sweet time! I lost roses too, which have been here for years. It HURTS to lose treasured plants! I still feel pangs of loss when I walk around my gardens and special plants are no longer there. Of course they can be replaced....but it does make me less apt to order the ones that weren't strong enough to make it here, no matter how beautiful. So sorry you lost so many. I know how it feels.

Celeste

• houstmag
    10 years ago

It's tough losing so many plants but look on the bright side and all the fun you can have shopping for new daylilies. And the Band Played On and Christopher Moody are my favorites out of a super group of blooms.
    Linda

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Linda!
    Hi Celeste :) well, most of those are either on southern time or with last year scapes. Maybe you'll have yours open sooner than two weeks - sounds like a long time.
    Oh, you lost roses too (and dls) how sad. I lost an at least 5yo Double Knockout rose.
    Since our climates look to be similar I'd be curious to know what daylilies didn't survive the winter in your garden. You probably won't look here again, so I'll ask again some day :)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm