Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patann_gw

Favorite mail order company?

Pat z6 MI
11 years ago

Do you have a favorite daylily mail order company? New addict wants to know.

Comments (16)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Probably my favorite is Early Bird dayliles. She sends immaculate plants and has a nice list of daylilies for sale. Then I've had success with Shaws Sunshine Garden, Marietta Gardens, Diane's Daylilies and Oakes Daylilies. I got my first plants from Oakes and they send huge clumps not just a couple of fans. All of the above have had my repeat business for years now. Happy gardening to you, and watch out. Daylilies can be addictive.....Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Earlybird daylilies

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Ditto on Marietta Gardens and Shaws Sunshine Garden. I'd like to add Maryott's in CA, and there's Sunset Meadows for reasonably priced ones. Not only do they have great daylilies, but all of the above vendors are incredibly nice people.

Nancy

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Agree with above choices, and Paul Owens is another that sends fabulous plants as does Rich at CT Nursery.

kay

• olga_6b
    11 years ago

Paul Owens (slightlydifferentnursery) sends biggest clumps in my experience. Bigger than Oaks, Maryott, or a dozen other places where I buy daylilies. His clumps of general cultivars I received last last spring couldn't even fit into my biggest tub to soak before planting. I mean each clump couldn't fit into the tub. Not sure now how many fans instead of two, a lot.

Olga

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

I like Maryott's, Ladybug in Florida, and just had my first order from Brown's Ferry and was pleased with it. Also-since your in Mich- you might try Valley of the Daylilies or Heavenly Gardens as the are in Ohio and would have northern hardy. I know Valley of the daylilies has a large list on it's website.

• shive
    11 years ago

All the ones already mentioned are great. I would add Ridaught Daylily Gardens and JTM Gardens. Also if you haven't found the Lily Auction on the Internet, that's where I acquired a couple hundred plants.

Debra

• nat4b
    11 years ago

My favorite is the Maryott's, then I also like Solaris Farms, and they both have good websites with pictures. Sunset Meadows is a good one.

• bourret
    11 years ago

The best mail order source that I know of is Harmon Hill Farm in Hudson, New Hampshire. Here's the link:
    http://www.harmonhillfarm.com .

Lisa
    www.rockhavendaylilies.com
    West Newfield, Maine
    Zone 5a

• gardenfanatic2003
    11 years ago

Bob at Blue Ridge has good prices and sends awesome sized daylilies. He sells most of his daylilies at a fixed price on Blooming Auction. He sells on eBay as well.

Deanna

Here is a link that might be useful: Blooming Auction

• shive
    11 years ago

Another good one is Oak Hill Daylilies in Illinois.

Debra

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    11 years ago

In addition to the above.....Mark Carpenter [The Lily Farm], Gold Coast Daylilies [Stan/Bonnie Holley]

• shive
    11 years ago

Another Northern one that I would recommend is Grace Gardens, run by Tom and Kathy Rood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grace Gardens

• Pat z6 MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow. How can I go wrong. Thank you, kind enablers all!

• Pat z6 MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just wanted you enablers to know that I have a mail order and daylily nursery right in my own backyard practically. Right here in SE Michigan, we have Hallson Gardens, near Jackson, in Cement City. They sell and send massive hostas (my first passion) but I was not interested in daylilies until this month, so I thank you again for all your recommendations but buying locally really gives me a boost. Their website is: perennialnursery.com
    Pat

• shive
    11 years ago

Glad you've found a source in your area!

Debra

• dipsandtets
    11 years ago

Half Price Sale

Here is a link that might be useful: Don Eller