Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

More FFOS SinceThis Weekend and Today

avedon_gw
10 years ago

Here they are, some plants we have had awhile and some new ones:

Welcome Mat--this one started blooming June 12th, but I was only able to get a decent picture this weekend.

Reforma Boulevard--new to us this year, and I really like the colors of this one--love the green throat, for sure.

Hudson Valley--a plain yellow, but very large and fragrant.

J. Davisson's Part Time Princess--sent to us as a bonus plant, and this is a very large pink flower.

Grey Witch--brand new bonus plant, and I think this is one you either love or hate. My husband and I are undecided at this point.

"Mom's Seedling" the Carpenter I bought and named for my mother

Red small flowered NOID: this is the only red that we consider sunfast here. It will fade at the end of a very hot day, but usually doesn't turn to mush.

Susan Weber FFO today . I think it looks like a bigger version of Julianna Lynn except Susan's petals are rounder.

Palace Garden Beauty FFO today and it is a beauty for sure.

Royal Occasion--a pretty small flowered plant and very good long bloomer.

Princeton Silky-one we have had several years, and I love it. It is a wonderful blooming plant.

Spanish Fandango FFo today--this one reminds me of Beautiful Edgings as a star!!

Big Sur--a bonus plant and a child of Chance Encounter. The color of the picture of this one on the AHS database looks entirely different from ours.

I am closing with a garden shot--this is Garden No. 3, the south end.

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The garden is in beautiful bloom! Love garden shots. I think your bed has as many yellow tones as mine does red tones. Love it!

Susan Weber is just as lovely as it can be. I'm really fond of Part time Princess, and Spanish Fandango is lovely. Lots of beauties today.
    kay

• nat4b
    10 years ago

My favorite is the garden shot! So nice!
    Love Susan Weber and Spanish Fandango. SF reminded me of a narrower petaled Beautiful Edgings too!

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful garden picture. Stunning blooms. I think that first one is my favorite.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

You have a lot of very pretty ones. Love WELCOME MAT, vey pretty.and I really like the red noid. too,. SUSAN WEBER is gorgeous. Mine is not blooming yet.and PALACE GARDEN BEAUTY is a beauty.Love ROYAL OCCASION. its a beauty, too, so many beauties, and your garden shot is very nice, too. a lot of yellows, so guess yellows are your favorite colors?.

jean

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Lovely garden! My SUSAN WEBER never has come close to the way yours looks. It's gorgeous. BIG SUR is such a beautiful glowing color - I can never get a photo of it that does it justice. REFORMA BOULEVARD has a beautiful combination of colors.

Nancy

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Love the garden shot and it looks like you still have room in your garden! Love the soft colors and the edge on Susan Weber and it's my favorite today.
    Val

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Oh wow, look at your garden. Nice.

Part Time Princess is a great bonus to get.I love pinks and it is perfect.

Julia

• deangreen
    10 years ago

Fandango is very interesting. also very nice is that susan weber. I got rid of mine for room for other things, but it is very nice. :)

• shive
    10 years ago

I like the way your daylilies are spaced to give them lots of room. The last photo of the garden is really lovely. My favorites on this thread were Part Time Princess, Spanish Fandango, and Palace Garden Beauty.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Great shot of the garden. Very colorful. You know I like it because of all the yellows showing.....I'm not too sure about Gray Witch either. The color is so close to being muddy. It will be interesting to see how it develops........ Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Great looking garden shot. Palace Garden Beauty and Susan Weber are looking pretty spiffy and my favorites of this set of beautiful blooms.
    Linda

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Spanish Fandango is lovely & Palace Garden Beauty is always a favorite of mine. Reforma Boulevard is a really pretty color, one I don't think I've seen before. I have Hudson Valley, not big on yellows but this one is so huge & impressive that I can't help but love it.

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments. I need to make a correction--the garden shot is of the NORTH end--not south end. Right now the south end is a kind of work in progress. We are putting in new DLS down there, mostly hot colored one like Alabama Jubilee, Oranges For Christmas, and Screamcicle. AJ bloomed today, so look at my latest post to see the picture. Oranges For Christmas has one scape and I just found another one today, exciting!! Screamcicle is a small plant, may not be able to bloom this year, but I'm hoping it can do one scape because of our longer growing season. I want to answer Jean about yellow being a favorite color--I really don't have a favorite color, that would be impossible for me. There are just too many lovely daylilies of all colors for me to settle on just one. It just happens we put a lot of inexpensive yellows on that end because we wanted the bright color and the fragrance. Avedon

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company