Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
June 10 and holding

Posted by waitforspring z6MA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 15:54

I've given up trying to make sense out of this season. These two are still going--a month earlier than last year, but nothing else seems to be ahead of schedule. Last year's early bloomer is already a week behind last year.
Anyway, here are the two that are still providing my only in person daylily fix, but I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else has blooming.
Val

Sudden Fire

Lava Flow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: June 10 and holding

Hot and Bright! Just what I like!
kay

o

Oh an orange and bright day. I love Lava Flow, such a pretty daylily. And Sudden Fire has lots of color also. Nice daylilies.

o

I'm so sorry you don't have more blooms yet. Some ( most ) of mine were early too but there are a few later ones that seem to be on the desired schedule. What you have is nice, bright and cheerful...Ellie

o

What Kay said! I especially love Lava Flow. I'm selfishly glad your daylilies are running on schedule, I'll be able to enjoy your flowers when mine are all gone.

o

nancy:I could not have said that better.I love LAVA FLOW, TOO.There sure is a lot of different ones about LAVA,or maybe I just think there are, since this one is LAVE FLOW,and we have HOT LAVA, TOO.thought there was another one about Lava a few days ago
They arebeautiful blooms, VAL.

jean

o

Thanks everyone. Lava Flow is a nice one although it could have a better bud count.
You're right, Nancy. It's nice to have the season extended by being able to have the show move from south to north. I have lots of scapes so I know I have a lot to look forward to. It will be nice to have more than these two to post.
Val

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 1:00

It's always a bit of a downer after the daylilies are finished. All we have to look forward to is heat and humidity and more heat and humidity. My face will be about the color of Lava Flow come August (and not in a pretty way like your daylily). So I will be looking forward to others like yourself posting their beautiful blooms to lift my spirits......Maryl

o

I agree with you, it is impossible to make sense out of this daylily season. Early, early blooms, late blooms, aborted buds, odd color changes from day to day, shrivled scapes. I'm waiting for someone to post a picture of a daylily scape with a chrysanthemum blooming on the end of it.

Lava flow is an incredibly saturated color. What a beauty.
Christine

o

Great looking blooms I especially like Lava Flow.
Linda

o

Lava Flow is tops!! It is one of my first to bloom here!
Mine have been running about 10 days early from last season. Hopefully that means more rebloom.
Cindy

o

Both are both so bright...nice!

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here