Then went to a SPANISH FIESTA:

And watched a CLOWN PARADE pass:

Then Elizabeth told the Prince "it is TIME LORD for me to go home":

"If I don't leave now, I will need a TRANSFUSION":

She Gave him a MISSISSIPPI MOMENTO :

She went into her home thinking I must turn on THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE:

And he went back to his home thinking of her GUIDING RADIANCE:

and REMEMBERING ELIZABETH:

So very many photos, I thought I would post them in a little story so, hopefully, it wouldn't be so bad.

kay

Comments (16)

• wren_garden
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

So much fun. Thanks for the story in beauty. There are never too many to view, more more.. Love the hot pink of Remembering Elizabeth. Have to look that one up.

• shive
    10 years ago

Very cute story! You have lots of good red and pink eyes on this post. My favorites are Ruby Lipstick, Spanish Fiesta and Clown Parade.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Ha ha, LOved your story, Kay. That was fun reading the story and viewing these gorgeous blooms. I love, Love love INCA PRINCE, HES GORGEOUS. also AD MAE MUSICK is a another really pretty one.Love that WINNER'S TROPHY, too. and I have admired Linda Beck for a long time. and WILD CHERRY WINE is a lovely bloom, too. I think my favorite one is INCA PRINCE

jean, oh and never, never too many blooms to see. the more the better.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Loved the story and the pictures. Very creative and well put together.

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Your story is hilarious! Very creative! Great pictures, too!

Nancy

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

A wonderful and entertaining way to showcase your daylilies. I hope there are more stories to come in the future. These are stunning flowers, some I don't remember seeing at all. I have always loved Ada Mae Musick, must get that one, and Inca Prince, Ruby Lipstick, Wild Cherry Wine and Guiding Radiance have to get a nod. Thanks so much for the "love story". Avedon

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

They are ALL my favorites! Thanks for posting them.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Delightful!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks you all for your very kind comments and for reading my "story". So many pretties, and I know it gets old even when the pictures are decent, so, while deciding which ones to print, the story idea popped into my head, and so there it is.

Thanks to Ruth, I got the Wild Cherry wine this year and the bloom is as lovely as I hoped it would be. Ruth, I hope Salty Skipper does well for you.

wren-garden, Remembering Elizabeth is an Owen-Suddeth intro, named in honor of my mother. If you want a start, let me know since I have all but one piece of it which I gave to someone on the forum.

I am glad the "story" made it easier to see so many photos.

Thank you again,
    kay

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Kay, that is just the cutest story! Thanks for sharing :)

Tammy

• deangreen
    10 years ago

guidance is very unique, wow! and I like that first one Inca prince... I like those red/orange blends together. such a great array of flowers! THANKS.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Very creative. Enjoyed your story.
    Inca Prince is a favorite here in my garden.

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I looked at Face Paint, thought this will be my favorite, then spotted Linda Beck & changed my mind. Then there came Then the Band played On, and Clown Parade, and Mississippi Momento, and just gave up. I like them all, but that's not unusual is it :) Never too many pictures, you know how much I enjoy drooling over everyone's beautiful daylilies, but I enjoyed the story to go along

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

What a fun story, with the best kind of illustrations! I recently added Ruby Lipstick and Wild Cherry Wine and can't wait to see them bloom. I might have to add to my list after reading your story.

Chris

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Wonderful story line to go with a stunning group of daylilies. It's impossible for me to pick a favorite.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I LOVE the story. You are very creative! And those daylilies are all so pretty. MISSISSIPPI MOMENTO is my very favorite!

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County