What Else is and Has Been Blooming

organic_kitten
9 years ago

Rocket Booster has bloomed for several weeks with the re-bloom almost finished:

Deperado Love has bloomed well too:

Forsyths Garrett Mason:

Gus overlooking the back bed walking along while I take photos:

Etosha has been blooming its head off:

Last couple of blooms on My Heart Belongs To Daddy. I took a lot of clump shots of this one this year:

Island Time is a late for me...First bloom:

Last one of Wall of Fire:

Mulberry Marvel is an old one, but I love it:

Westbornes Wild Rose Petals: didn't think I would keep it (bonus) but I will I really like it and spouse does too

This is Eye Yi Yi and a little fron is right in the center of the bloom:

Photon torpedo is one of the lates:

{{gwi:791258}}

and I will finish with Bella among the blooms. She is actually watching me warily, and I had not deadheaded, sorry.

kay

Comments (8)

• shive
    9 years ago

The first two clumps are stunners. I always like Forsyth Garrett Mason and Wall of Fire. But I think I enjoyed the three photos with the critters most of all.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Beautiful clump shots and great animals, too! I never thought about adding Rocket Booster, but your clump shot makes me think I need that bright red in the garden. Island Time is a beauty, as is My Heart Belongs to Daddy.

I moved Wall of Fire to a sunnier spot this year and hopefully will see some blooms for the effort.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Debra. the reason for all the clump shots is most of my season has been with clumps. It has been a weird year. I started with just a few and then the blooms almost exploded. I did get past peak, but there is still an awful lot of blooming going on. And I have a few late reds which adds joy to my heart. I do love reds. You know I have always been partial to Desperado Love and it rewarded me for it year. Garrett Mason always looks like a painting to me. And the critter pics are my favorites too. I am having fun "wooing" Bella. She was coming to me this morning, only three feet away when Gus decided to run her off...silly cats.

Chris, My Heart Belongs to Daddy Just made clump after clump of blooms it was an instant rebloomer, and it is a brightener. Rocket Booster is one I will never be without.. It has a fair number of poly blooms, and the blooms are large so it makes quite a dramatic display. My Wall of Fire has always been in the sun. It had one rebloom scape this year. It gets more comment than any other single bloom I have. I so hope yours will do well in the sun because it is a stunner.

Thank you both for looking and commenting.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Etosha has a striking presence in the garden--it blends while also standing out. Will have to add that one to my list. Wild Rose Petals is cheerful. What is the daylily to the right in the Bella picture? Great to see clump shots.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Mantis. Etosha is a lovely bloom and even the sun in the deep south does not fade or crisp it. It establishes pretty quickly, and bloom and reblooms reliably. The daylily to the right of Bella is Call Me Pretty.

kay

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Beautiful pictures! I am going to add Photon Torpedo and Wall of Fire to my want list.

Nancy

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I enjoy your ongoing story of Bella and Gus. I hope Bella eventually decides you are one of the good guys......Wall of Fire just stands on it's tippy toes and shouts "Look At Me". It is sure a pretty thing. Your pictures are always so clear and blur free that everything looks good......Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Lots of eye candy. I always like to see clump shots :-)

Julia