Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a few blooms on Sunday

Posted by hoosier_nan IN-6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 16:01

This first one is Different Direction. It's a big and bold flower--just new in the garden this spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a few blooms on Sunday

Wedding Knight is becoming one of our favorite near whites. It's a very fancy flower.

o

Spacecoast Shellcracker is a small flowered daylily. The colors are very intense.

o

One last flower today. Barbara Watts was just planted this spring but has given us huge flowers. I don't usually like doubles but this one is special.

o

Barbara Watts is very toothy. I wonder if Kirchhoff has thoroughly tested this one in the North. I like the sculpted veining of Wedding Knight, but not the fact it is evergreen. Hope these flourish for you.

o

Mantis_oh, Wedding Knight was a bonus plant that we received in the spring of '12 so it has overwintered twice. Last winter we got down to 15 below on two occasions. Luckily, both times we had snow cover so perhaps that helped. It was moved last fall and came through the winter very well. It might be a different story if we have a cold snap without the snow cover.

o

I really like that double and I'm not that fond of doubles either, except for Siloam Double Classic which I love it. very nice blooms.

jean

o

That's a pretty double. I really like Different direction.
kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 1:45

What a great selection of daylilies. A color for everyone. I particularly like Different Directions color combo, and Barbara Watts double frills combined with her color is lovely.........Maryl

o

Wedding Knight and Barbara Watts are both gorgeous and oh so fancy! I like the colors on Different Direction.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here