Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

Some of my seedlings

Nancy
10 years ago

Here are a few of my 2nd year seedling. The first one I liked the color rather better last year, but boy is it bright. I moved it into full sun, maybe that affected the color, it was rather unusual looking last year

One from All fired up

From Motown Blues, looks a lot like its parent but blooms much earlier

First time bloom on this one, I rather like the color although it is a bit splotchy
{{gwi:793114}}

Comments (12)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Wow, I need my sunglases for that first seedling! And that one from All Fired Up really looks like its parent. That third one is quite pretty.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

All Fired Up and the third one are my picks. they are very prety.
    kay

• Nancy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rita, I lost the tag on that first one, but I'm pretty sure it is from Primal Scream, & it has that same coloring. It really stands out.
    Thanks Kay, I really like that 3rd one too, even though it looks a lot like its parent.

This is another of my seedlings, 3rd bloom year for it. It had high bud counts last year & still does this year, with 26-31 buds per scape. Not a huge flower, under 5", but rather pretty I think
    {{gwi:709163}}

• mizellie
    10 years ago

It's so exciting to see those seedling blooms. I really like that last one, especially the good bud count.. I like the All Fired Up kid too!! Ellie

• timhensley
    10 years ago

The All Fired Up seedling is very handsome but I like them all.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Pretty group of seedlings I really like the Motown Blues seedling.
    Linda

• dzejna
    10 years ago

Lovely seedlings. I need to try and pinpoint names of my seedlings, I so hate the ineffectiveness of labeling crosses so far.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Like the veining in the Motown Blues one.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

nancy; they are all very nice and pretty, but, my favorite one is that last one. now its really pretty.

jean

• Nancy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ellie & Tim, I'm fond of that All Fired Up seedling too. Looks a lot like its parent, but enough different to make it a keeper in my books. Of course, I'm a fond parent & hard for me to not keep them all right now :) Getting a little better though.
    I love Motown Blues, & this seedling really looks a lot like its parent, too much probably, but it is still pretty.
    Jean, the last one is one of my particular favorites, I love the color & especially the bud count. If I were registering flowers, I might be tempted to do that with this one. It is pretty tall, about 4', I could wish the flowers were a bit bigger, but it has so many buds I am happy with it. I guess one advantage with the taller stems, the flowers are a bit more spread out too. Celestial Army's flowers are a bit more compact & some of the flowers can't open as wide because buds get in the way.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

With a high bud count I'd say that last one is definitely a keeper. Love the bright color of the first one and both the All Fired Up and Motown Blues seedlings are very pretty. What kind of plant habit do they have? I find it hard to get rid of my seedlings too, but am getting a little more ruthless, because I don't have any space.
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

I really like that bright screaming first one!