Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disappointed with this daylily

Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 16:17

I just got this one in the fall and I'm very disappointed with it. It's supposed to be Satin Bird, but doesn't look like the pictures and also doesn't open well. Does anyone have a picture you can post of Satin Bird .

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disappointed with this daylily

Give it a couple years. They sometimes start out stinky and smooth out.
kay

o

I looked up Satin Bird, it sure doesn't look like your picture, does it? Are these the first blooms? I noticed a couple of my daylily's first blooms this year were been very pastel, almost unrecognizable. They darkened up with the next blooms though. Hope yours does too.

o

With new plants, occasionally they will look like what they are supposed to but most of the time they will have shorter than average scapes and the blooms may be unrecognizable. And as others have mentioned, often first blooms ( on any cultivar) are bad. I give plants 3 YEARS before deciding whether to discard it or not! So give this one a chance to come around - at least until next year!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 13:04

This is the first blooms, but it has bloomed a few more times and still looks the same.
Maybe it doesn't like the southern temps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here