Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

not many blooms for a monday

jean_ar
11 years ago

I think mine are finished for the year, except for some reblooming now. I still have a couple that has not bloomed yet. They have at least one scape with buds, but at least a week away yet.

reblooming, but only has one scape with buds.

this one has 4 or 5 buds left and I see no rebloom scapes yet.

this one is all on rebloom now and 2 new scapes on it.

Thats all for today, was going to get a new picture of woman at the well on rebloom, but it never would open up good.

a few of these are slightly blurry, but the wind was really blowing early this morning.I am surprised they wasn't all blurry. now its calm and hot out there.

jean

Comments (9)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

WONDER OF IT ALL looks as great as ever. It is my favorite today. I also like KING GEORGE and BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

You seem to have the best results of anyone with Wonder of It All. Absolute perfection in this bloom.

• shive
    11 years ago

They all look good today, especially Wonder of It All and Enduring Freedom.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Jean: Your WONDER OF IT ALL photos are the best. It definitely loves your garden.

Since blooms are winding down for you, I guess you can relax a bit. You've given us a marvelous show of your blooms. Thank you for sharing them.

Julia

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Wonder Of It All is always a winner. Oktoberfest is looking rather good too!! Not windy here but we are expecting some stormy weather, I think..

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

RITA: Thank you, I think the reason WONDER OF IT ALL always takes a good picture is it has very good substance. the peddles are thick and the scape is very stron too, so in windy conditions, it dont move like the others do.,I simply love this daylily and if I could only have one daylily,I would want this one.its always beautiful, to me.
    MANTIS,DEBRA,JULIA,AND ELLIE Thank you for looking and the very sweet comments.

jean

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Jean, I agree with everyone else...your Wonder of it all is truly a wonder!!! Always so perfect and I can see why you would select this one as your favorite. Mine has some nice fat scapes and I'm curious to see how it performs this summer since it was so new last year. When it opens perfectly it is a marvel of nature. I had a few that opened well and I couldn't stop going back out to stare at it! Don't worry about not having any more blooms....those of us who are just barely starting will be happy to supply you with eye candy for the entire summer and into fall.
    I've enjoyed your pictures and it's always a pleasure to 'talk' to you.

Celeste

• nat4b
    11 years ago

I like all your today's daylilies! Of course your Wonder of It All is my very favorite.
    Hope you'll have rebloom on Beautiful Edgings!

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Isn't it sad that it's only June and the bloom season is almost over for some of us. Beautiful Edgings is still my favorite what a great daylily it seems to do well for everyone and never seems to have a bad bloom.
    Linda