Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sharing flowers from my friend Betty's yard..

Posted by deangreen 7b OK (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 16:30

I went to visit Betty yesterday afternon, a fellow club member who's 85 and still has many many flowers all over her yard. She kept saying how she just couldn't keep the beds as clean as she'd like anymore, but I thought everything looked just fine! the photos above are Crimson Pirate, a really cute little spider type flower, and Carpenter Shavings, another small little thing with blooms all over the place. I want a clump just like this one. :)
Below are photos of Double Fluff, and then a pic of the garden near the house, oh how I'd also like that big animal-faced garden feature.... ha

She and her husband sit out and have morning juice or coffee, and I plan to get back over and find them earlier in the day and take more pics, plenty more going to bloom....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sharing flowers from my friend Betty's yard..

Hope when I'm 85 that I have a garden just like that! How nice that you can enjoy the view without the work, and how nice for her to have a neighbour who appreciates her lovely plants. Gardening is certainly a hobby that is best shared.
Jan

o

Lovely. And it looks very well kept to me.

o

She has a beautiful garden I hope I can still garden at 85.
Linda

o

Her garden is lovely...it looks in fine shape to me.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here