Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some new, some not for Wednesday.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 16:31

Photobucket
FFO on ELFIN SURPRISE

Photobucket
SPRING FANTASY does look so much better today on its second bloom than it did on the FFO.

Photobucket
SARATOGA SPRINGTIME in a clump looked too pretty to pass up.

Photobucket
RIOT ON A KINDERGARDEN BUS just started blooming. This is the first daylily to bloom up on the daylily plateau in the back yard.

Photobucket
And TANGO lilies.

Photobucket
And some roses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some new, some not for Wednesday.

Rita, beautiful clump of SARATOGA SPRINGTIME. The photos that really captured my eye though were the ones of the Tango lilies & that beautiful group of roses, what a lovely glowing color the roses are.

o

The clump of Saratoga Springtime is looking mighty fine, and Elfin Surprise is a real cutie! The Tango Lilies look super with that dark red rose in the background. That's a great combo!

Debra

o

Spring Fantasy is looking great today and the clump of Saratoga Springtime is very impressive.
Val

o

Saratoga Springtime looks gorgeous, love clump shots! The lily is stunning. and you know me and roses, rita.
kay

o

Saratoga Springtime is bright as a new penny.. Love the Tango Lilies. The roses look good too!! Ellie

o

Rita, your photo 'and some roses' made my eyes happy. As for the daylilies, I just adore the name Riot on the Kindergarten Bus.
Christine

o

Very nice Rita. The yellow roses are so pretty.
Saratoga Springtime looks so petite in the clump. Very nice pic.

Julia

o

Isn't it interesting how the very early and the very late daylilies seem to be predominately yellows & oranges? I know there are other colors but there sure are a lot of yellows, which is fine by me. Yellow is such a happy color. Your clump of Saratoga Springtime certainly is a hit here and I agree. It is very eyecatching! All the others, including the lily & the roses are wonderful. I love seeing all that's going on in your garden.

Celeste

o

More beautiful roses. I love that color combination you have photographed here. Do you grow any English roses?

Chris

o

Beautiful Tango Lily and I really like the color on Elfin Surprise it's so bright and cheery.
Linda

o

Love yellow roses! I'd sure add one, but it will be so hard to see how the beetles eat it.
My favorite is Elfin Surprise, good looking first flower and so bright. And of course clumps always look great, so does Saratoga Springtime.

o

Thank you all.

Nat, fortunately no nasty beetles here so the roses do well.

Yes, I have a lot of yellow extra earlies, can't seem to find any other color! But in the lates, I do better with all sorts of colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here