woodstock Revival photo IMG_5479_zpsfed49750.jpg

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed:

bright eyed and Bushy Tailed photo IMG_5478_zps2436a9bc.jpg

May add some later.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change of Pace...Single Blooms

On the AHS database, Wild At Heart is listed as a Polston cultivar, but when I google it I also get a Salter cultivar (that looks like Kay's photo). How can two daylilies have the same name?

I think that Ancient of Days (a purple Korth cultivar) must be mislabeled. I like the pic though. Also like Fear Not.

o

Mantis, as always you are right. That plant was a bonus from Phil Korth and listed as Ancient of Days. It is quite pretty, but should be named correctly. I will send the image to Phil Korth and see if he recognizes it and can correctly name it. As for Wild at Heart, I bought it from the Lily auction rather than a breeder. It is a very good bloomer, but while not really short, might not be as tall as you would like. I have it in an area that is one plant deep along the beginning of the rose garden.

kay

o

Nice ones! I think Fear Not is my very favorite of these.

Mantis, the Salters introduced a daylily named Wild At Heart several years ago but in a oversight didn't register it. When they tried to register it later, Polston had already registered one under that name. The Salter cultivar was subsequently registered as Wild Red Heart. I grow the Salter. Kay's doesn't look like mine, and I don't know what the Polston cultivar does look like.

Debra

o

You have a bounty of beauties here, Kay. Your Fear Not looks like mine (sort of a bi-tone), which I thought was unusual. Ledgewood's Jungle Music looks intriguing.

o

Thanks, Debra. I had Wild Red Heart, but it died on me. Chris, I got mne from Karol Emmerich, so it should be the real deal.

Kay

o

Another great group Kay. I think Cosmic Kaleidescope is my favorite as I like those blend of colors.

Julia

o

wow; you have a gorgeous group of blooms today.I just love that DESTINED TO SEE and even more so with that gorgeous INDIAN GIVER. That is a beauty.

jean

o

They are all beautiful, but my favorites are Fear Not and Ledgewood's Jungle Music. Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here