Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Saturday Showoffs

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Several of them are strutting their stuff today.

Bohemian Rhapsody:

Moses in the Bullrushes:

Longlesson's Liberty Bell:

Little Light of Mine has continued to put out blooms, but is near the end:

Kay's Faith:

Lily Dache:

Ruby Lipstick:

Ledgewood's Jumpstart:

Orchid Corsage and Linda Beck:

NOID:

Trahlyta

kay

Comments (23)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I like the all but Trahlyta is my favorite and I love it when it blooms here too.

Julia

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

Those are striking white on black plant markers.
    However did you make them?

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Oh my oh my. I would say they sure were strutting their stuff and showing off just beautifully. Love them all by Ruby Lipstick and Trahlyta are my favorites.

• shive
    10 years ago

I love all the clump shots, but Ruby Lipstick is my favorite!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Orchid Corsage and Linda Beck combo is my favorite. Similar colors but different forms, edges, and throats. Jumpstart has been a total disaster here--not even a single bloom. A complete waste of space.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 19:10

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

All are beautiful, but my favorites of these are Moses in the Bullrushes and Ruby Lipstick. I don't think that's Little Light of Mine though - it's Light of the World. It is very easy to get those two names mixed up! :o)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all. When Ruby Lipstick blooms like that it is hard to ignore.

Trahlyta is doing a swell as it ever has, maybe the best here.

Mantis. It was three years before I had a single bloom on Jumpstart. Last year was the first, and it rebloomed, then this year it has really bloomed a lot. It was a very slow starter here, but worth the wait.
    kay

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Great bunch of daylilies. My Moses bloomed once, a very young plant, not at all as pretty as yours.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Well, my pick was going to be Ruby Lipstick til I saw Trahlyta, that shore is purdy! Like your noid too.

• hostabff
    10 years ago

Moses in the bull rushes looks great, one of my favorites here after Ruby Lipstick.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Don't give up, Kathy. Moses is one of those plants that needs a little 'seasoning' to do well. It may need a couple of years.

Nancy, Trahlyta is showing out pretty well this year.

twixanddud, the plant came from Karol. Don't be fooled by the red appearance. It varies on this plant. and the camera insists on darkening it.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Ruby Lipstick is my favorite too. Also love the Linda Beck combo, but I don't think that's Orchid Corsage.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay, You really have some beauties blooming today, and I love them all. My least favorite one is Orchid Corsage . not fond of that one, but I sure love all the others and cant pick just one favorite out of the bunch, Usually I can.

jean

• deangreen
    10 years ago

those are all great clump pics! my very favorite is Lily Dache...it looks like a lipsticked melon color! ha

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Well, your NOID is stunning! I hadn't seen Longlesson Liberty Belle yet -- she's a beauty.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Oh how I love Trahlyta how I wish It was not a dormant and it would grow for me here in FL. I did have one that I bought when I started out in DL's and didn't know the difference in foliage types it bloomed once then went into a steady decline.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jean, you never do like the spiders or the unusual forms, do you. By the way, Val is right, that is Orchid Majesty. Orchid corsage is a late one here, and isn't blooming yet. Ruby Lipstick was always a beauty, but until this, the third year, It just had a few blooms. As you can see, that isn't the case this year.

Dean, that is an oldie but it is always a really good bloomer.

Chris, I think the NOID might be Photon Torpedo, ( It is planted with others that I got from RICH at CT daylilies, I had ordered Photon torpedo, Big Sur and Women Seeking Men which are the ones I can't place for sure.) LLB is really doing well. She was new last year, and she has made some new fans and blooms well.

Ouch, Linda! I'm sorry about that. It is blooming very well this year.

I appreciate your looking and your comments.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Dragging up the rear, but just knocked out by all your beautiful flowers. First one and then another and then another, etc. are favorites, so just settle for all of them, all great to me. I have Orchid Corsage, putting on lots of scapes but will be awhile before bloom time. Interesting to see if ours bloom at the same time. Avedon

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Lovely, lovely blooms.....every single one! I especially like Moses in the Bullrushes and your NOID. I really think that NOID is phenomenal and don't care what it's name is....lol.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Avedon. I am surprised every morning that there are still so many I need to photograph.

Celeste, I think it is Photon torpedo, but not sure. MITB was one I really wanted when I saw it. It is a good plant and has consistently re-bloomed for me.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Kay - You never answered Faraway Farmer's question about the plant markers. Where did you get them?

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

As soon as I saw your MOSES IN THE BULLRUSHES, I went right away and started a new "Want" list and put it right up at the top. RUBY LIPSTICK would be there, too, if it wasn't a dormant. ORCHARD CORSAGE and LINDA BECK look fabulous intermingled.

Linda, we're down in the hot, humid region too, and TRAHLYTA is doing better each year. It may be because it gets some relief from the partial shade during the day. It started off slow, and I thought it wouldn't make it, but am so glad it did.

Nancy

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

I found one source:

http://gardenmarkers.com/