Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Just One FFO, and Ones That Stand Up To Heat

avedon_gw
10 years ago

I only have one FFO to show, a bonus plant--This is Abundant Ruffles by Bob Carr. I was gone nearly all day yesterday, so when I went outside to take pictures, I was pleasantly surprised to see that several of our daylilies looked really good, with very little fading and no collapsing. Here they are:

Abundant Ruffles--FFO

Now for the late afternoon pics:

Light Of Heaven--I thought it looked pretty good at 6:30 p.m.

Collard Dream--didn't melt out in the heat of the day, looks good to me.

"Single Somebody" looking very fresh so late in the day

Golliwog-a real champ of a daylily

Dublin Elaine, may have lost a little color, but the sun is shining across it in this photo, and still looks good to me.

The whole clump of Dublin Elaine and it's so pretty at 6:45 p.m.

Princeton Silky--right next to Dublin Elaine and doing just fine at the same time.

Last one--Frilly Bliss clump--seven blooms open around 6: 45 p.m. and I think looking at this picture, it's like seeing ribbons on a present-love it.

Comments (14)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I really like the clump of Dublin Elaine. It is really pretty, and Abundant Ruffles is a gorgeous bright yellow. Avedon, when they look that good late in the day, you have to feel good about them. Golliwog is amazing.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

And what a nice present to get :-).
    I like Abundant Ruffles with that bright sunny color. All are lovely.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

They do look very good. Especially since they held up all day. Abundant Ruffles is a beauty and that is a great clump of Dublin Elaine. My favorite is the red, Collard Dream.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

those are both great clump pics! wow they really lasted through the day. :)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

You have some winners here.They look great after being in the hot sun all day.
    I really like LIGHT OF HEAVEN , theta very pretty.
    SINGLE SOMEBODY is looking really good.and so does DUBLINELAINE, so pretty, my favorite one is htat red one
    COLLARD DREAM.. its a beauty and sure don't look like a day in the sun. you have a very good red one there.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

They all held up well in the heat. Ugh, we are headed for several days around 90. I can do without that temperature forever.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

They look great after the hot day! I almost never have any looking presentable.
    My favorite is Abundant Ruffles, very nice FFO.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I love Abundant Ruffles (you knew I would). Bob Carr did some nice daylilies. The others looks like the substance has held up well in the PM sun. That's always a plus. That red is especially amazing at that late hour; the color looks as bright and vivid as if it were brand new.......Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

All are looking outstanding at the end of the day especially the clump of Dublin Elaine.
    Linda

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Abundant Ruffles is very pretty and well named. Single Somebody and Golliwog are other favorites and the clump of Frilly Bliss looks great.
    Val

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

I keep seeing Golliwog and thinking "Man, I should put that on my exchange list..." and then forgetting.

Single Somebody looks great - how close to true white is it?

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just want to answer mnclerk's question about Single Somebody. It really is a pale lemon-lime most of the time here, so that probably isn't in the near-white category. I find that cameras rarely can capture the true color as I see it, might get close, but some not at all. Regardless, Single Somebody is an excellent plant in our garden. Avedon

• shive
    10 years ago

I love that Frilly Bliss clump!

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Frilly Bliss gets my vote. It's such a pretty spider at anytime of the day. You have some nice ones that with stood the hot, hot sun..
    Ellie