Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

A few new blooms today!

mizellie
10 years ago

As I did yesterday, I will post both registered and seedlings on the same thread. I am saving the best for last though...Ellie

Not at all beautiful on ffo..

{{gwi:797390}}

A nice couple of blooms..

{{gwi:797391}}

{{gwi:797395}}

Clump shot for Rita!!

{{gwi:797398}}

Early, early am...

Seedlings.

I'm not happy with this one. So disappointing!

Professor is looking good!

The best. I am thrilled with the way this looks. Do you remember her from my motes pile? I had seeds planted to determine her ploidy but only 2 came up and only 1 p[ant made it through the winter. Not at all bloom age though. Notice she has a wire/pen/hair edge trying to form.

Ellie

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

The Motes! The Motes! You did save the best for last. The applique pattern is showing up so well today. How's that baby multiplying? Don't forget I'm on your reservation list. Of the registered ones, I can't pick a favorite. There are too many good ones!

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

oh I like the melon and orange mix on the Pro Paul cross. nice! :)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The Motes! that is a real beauty, Ellie.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful. You are right, the best was last. Wonderful.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

What is the size and height on that last beauty?

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, you are the only one I have promised. She seems to be slow to increase. I think I will find her a better spot. I can't register her until I get details on ploidy, etc. But I wonder what her babies will look like. I think she's beautiful and will keep her reguardless..Do you have suggestions as what to do? This is ffo and she opened perfectly.

deangreen, I know for sure that Pro Paul is a diploid although I am only sure of one parent. He is a nice Bi Color though.

I didn't know if you would remember " the motes" I do have others there that should bloom this year. In fact, I have some scapes..

Rita, do you remember what a dog she was first bloom. She's come a long way baby ( so to speak)

Thank you all for comments and replies!

Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You sure have some beauties but your The Motes seedling is over the top gorgeous.
    Linda

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh ellie, you have some very pretty ones today, that seedling that you don't like,I think is very pretty one.That first bloom is my favorite, America the beautiful I think was the name.. seedlings are so pretty.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Why is it the best seedlings are the slowest to multiply? I guess you will have to dab Miss Motes' pollen on both dip and tet spideries with eyes. You know that seedling really reminds me of DIZZY MISS LIZZY only with an applique eye. Could that be one of the parents? I can't think of any applique eyed dips, can you?

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Absolutely The Motes!! Just love that one, but I like all the UFS you have posted. The Professor Paul seedling is pretty. Avedon

• sann777
    10 years ago

My favorites are Waiting in the Wings and Julie Newmar. That last seedling is awesome as my grandkids say!
    Sarah

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

The Motes is outstanding in the looks department! Wowee! I also like the Prof. Paul seedling.

Celeste

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linda, I especially like that one. I have a few nice ones but that is a special one..

Jean, that's a first ever bloom on that seedling so I will watch and see. America The Beautiful is a beautiful daylily when it blooms right.

Debra, I will dab away again this year. I have Dizzy Miss Lizzy but have never used her pollen. She's always a mess for me. I know of no appliqued eyes on a dip. But, I don't know EVERYTHING..Hahaha!!

Avedon, I do have a bunch of uf's and spidery types that haven't begun to bloom. I'll have a ton of them but probably none as flashy as the Motes baby.

Sarah, WITW is a beauty. Last year, she bloomed most of the season but I have moved her and she's shorter than usual, so I don't know what she'll do this year.
    Julie Newmar is in her same place so she should do fine.
    I think Awesome is a fine word....

Celeste, Professor Paul is one of my first attempts at crossing. He's one of a few of my orginal seedlings. most are long gone. The Motes Baby is a keeper no matter how she does. I love her face..

Thank you all...Ellie