Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

some Thursday blooms on friday 13th

jean_ar
9 years ago

I took some more photos on Thursday, but, didn't post them and some I took on Wednesday evening, too.1st one not a daylily but so pretty. sorry,I didn't get them in the right place and had to try and add them after I finishes

and not a daylily, but, some thing that decided it liked it here and stays here the last few weeks. a stray I been feding.

and this is not a daylily, but, oh so pretty, they call it the wishbone plant, don't know where they get a name like that as it looks nothing like no wishbone.it comes in several colors, but,i like this he best with purples.

and a few pink Asiatic lilies that is so pretty, I love the lilies.

jean

Comments (6)

• shive
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The Torenia plant is very pretty. Velvet Eyes and Off Beat are my favorite daylilies, along with Wonder of It All. And the
    little black cat is a cutie.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Your Heart of Fire has lots of buds. And your Wonder of It All looks better with every picture! Is torenia a plant that can tolerate heat? The kitty is lucky to have found you.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Debra.I love this Torenia plantI use to have one years ago,and forgot to bring it in the first winter I had it and thought it had died, but, in the spring I found a bunch of little plants coming up and gowing, but,I finally had lost all of it,so I was very happy when I found a plant at our local nursery that only opens up a few months each spring.its a member of the African violet group, but,it tolerates a little sun very good.Thanks for your comments on the daylilies.
    MANTIS: yes the TORENIA plant tolerates heat very well, just not a lot of hot sun, but it does like a little sunshine.Have to be careful with the watering and not over water it.Thats how I have killed several of them, over watering.let it dry out before watering again.and yes,it does like a little early morning sunshine or late evening.just not in the hottest part of the day,it needs in the shade, then.
    This little kitty can be just a barrel of laughs..Every morning when it hears my front door unlock and open, it just comes from out of no where, just jumping up and down like a bucking horse, and it sits there waiting for its food it knows I am bringing. it sits there looking up at me,and moving b ackwards each step I make.It wants to be first to get its head in the bowl to eat, as the mother is always waiting by the step each morning, too.Shes wild and wont let me get too close to her, but, shes very pretty grey tabby.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Nice group Jean but the kitty stole the show ;-). Lovely Miss looks to be a big flower.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

All your blooms are pretty. I like your Torenia plant. Velvet Eyes and Woman At The Well are my favorite daylilies. And you Kitten is the best of the bunch. A cutie.
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the nice comments.
    JULIA. yes, Lovely Miss Laucios is a 8 inch bloom.very pretty.

jean