Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

My bloomers on Tuesday :)

Nancy
10 years ago

I have to post a photo of Hello Heartstrings, you can hardly find it among the Black Eyed Susans

The black eyed susans are trying to push my daylilies out of the way. I'll cut it way back as soon as the blooms start to fade

Sabine Baer, perfect blooms.

Hot Lava, I love how bright this one is

Motown Blues
{{gwi:666433}}

Hush Little Baby, wonderful color

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

How pretty your bloomers are! I have always loved Sabine Baer, and your Black Eyed Susans and Hello Heartstrings are gorgeous together. Hot Lava looks great, and for my favorite, I can't decide between Motown Blues with that green throat and the eye and the beautiful color, and the luscious color and edge on Hush Little Baby. A beautiful bunch of blooms today indeed.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh gee, what gorgeous blooms you have today. I love love loveMOTOWN BLUES. and your HELLO HEARTSTRINGS is so pretty, too, with the other flowers. cant hardly find the daylilt:), HUSH LITTLE BABY is gorgeous, too.

jean

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Love Hello Heartstrings and I especially love the way it looks in there with the black eyed susans. Great combo! Sabine Baer and Hot Lava are both really showing off nicely for you.

• sann777
    10 years ago

Wow, they are all so "LUSH" looking. I love all but Hello Heartstrings and Hush Little Baby are my picks. Sarah

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I love that first photo, although my favorite daylily of the group has to be Hush Little Baby.

• hostabff
    10 years ago

I love Sabine Baer. Such a pretty color combination. One for the lust list!

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

All of your flowers look fabulous, but HUSH LITTLE BABY is my favorite of all of them.

Nancy

• shive
    10 years ago

There!s nothing as wonderful as the color on Hush Little Baby. I love your photo of it!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Hush Little Baby and Sabine Bauer are great performers here too. But we'll see how they do this year (no blooms yet). Do you know the name of that little rudbeckia?

• Nancy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks everyone! My daylilies are close to peak, but I thought these particular photos looked the best today. I moved Sabine last year, it was getting crowded out too much by taller daylilies & was behind them where I couldn't enjoy her. Now she has a more prominent spot & is showing off. I will have to move Hot lava this fall, my double balloon flowers are pushing against it more than I expected when I planted it & it is still just a small plant. Doing well despite its problems though & really blooming nicely. Motown Blues is a fairly large flower & one of those that always looks good. And everyone knows Hush Little Baby, just a wonderful color.
    Mantis, I'm afraid I don't know the name of that rudbeckia. I've planted several over the years. I know some are supposed to be perennials, none have been for me, but some reseed. I have one that reseeds heavily, looks pretty, but the flowers are smaller & individual. I like this one much better. It forms a 3' tall bush, the flowers are much larger, & doesn't seem to reseed much. But this one & one more came up a long way from the one last year, & where it was last year there is nothing. I tend to like the fall colored rudbeckias, you know, the ones with dark colors around the eyes, but don't you know, those don't seem to reseed, unless this is one of them that reverted to a former type.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice photos. I like the trio of Hush Little Baby.
    I love the Rubeckias. I just got 3 more from a local grower.

Julia

• ruthz
    10 years ago

They are all beauties. I think I'm going to have to put
    Sabine Baer on my want list.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Oh, that first picture is a beautiful combination, and my fave daylily is Hush Little Baby