Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Forever Stella and more.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

Forever Stella is blooming here. It has been so rainy this spring that I have much more slug damage than normal but what can you do?

Forever Stella

Pinocchio, another of those Olallie extra earlies that I have.

My clematis has been doing so well this year with lots of blooms.

Southside Rose garden.

That is Neon Flash Spirea across the path there.

A patio view.

Remember the Tower Square garden that use to be Tall Beared Iris last year? It is a tomato garden this year. Also some peppers and I have my yard long beans planted on the inside square to go up the trellis netting.

Comments (10)

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

The Clematis is awesome. I'm going to get brave enough one of these days to try and grow it. I've never seen it down here this far south. If it will thrive, I'll probably become a clematis addict, too!

Nancy

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

You have lots of things blooming. I see you have lilies blooming too. Very pretty.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy, clematis are so pretty. I love both the large flowering types and the smaller summer bloomers.

Val. yes lilies have started here. My Southside Rose Garden has not only roses but lilies and spring bulbs also.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice pics. We've also had more than our share of rain this season and that is a good thing but I haven't ,so far, seen any slug damage. Our cat Marmalade loves to play with the bugs so maybe she is cleaning up the garden for me.

Black Eyed Stella, Stella D'oro and Intelligent Design are the only ones blooming so far. Intelligent Design only by default from left over scapes from last season and those are short scapes too.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

The spirea really brightens the path.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I always like your Olallie daylilies, and your clematis and spirea are beautiful--love the garden and patio shots. Avedon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

ahah, you will have daylilies blooming every where soon, sure wish they hurry up :) your tomatoes are looking real good. I ate my first garden tomatoe today and a third of the first cucumber I picked. that cucumber was 16 inches long. first time I ever seen one that long, but its good.a;most pulled my bell pepper off the bush to eat too, but, decided to leave it for another day/I can make me a meal out of tomatoes and cukes.

jean

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Awesome tomato plants. I like the orange lilies and the clematis. They really look perky.. Ellie

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia, I hate those slugs but never can get rid of them all.

Mantis the Neon Flash is my favorite Spirea.

Avedon, I like the Ollalie late bloomers better than these very earlies but the earlies stay because they really give me that very early start to the bloom season.

Jean I hope your veggies produce lots for you this summer.

Ellie, thanks! I want there to be lots of color around here in the garden flowers.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

That Neon spirea is a beauty! The lilies are loking wonderfully well and the veggies delish.

kay

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County