Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Fridays Fairest or Funniest

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Today, I am not going to post a lot of clump pics. Since other people posting a lot of blooms now, so I will limit mine somewhat today.

Black Fathom Depths on Re-bloom: Everyone knows I love this one:

Clown Parade on Re-bloom with the first ever poly bloom I've had on it: It actually looked pretty good.

For Mantis: Forsyth's Garrett Mason:

Lucky Stripes had four blooms today:

And a lovely one I haven't posted, Noah Weston:

and for Jean, El Desperado:

A fused bloom on Purple Honey Creeper:

I'm sure it would be unlucky for me to post without a true red one, since I love the reds so much, so here is Bear Claws:

And yes, I had a lot of clumps again today, but no need beating you over the head with them...you've seen them already. It's not short, but it's shorter than my usual posts. Hope you enjoy this one:

kay

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

I was going to pick Lucky Streak as my favorite until I saw the magnificent El Desperado clump. Now I've got to go with it. A dozen attractive blooms beats four in my brain.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

OH Kay.I injoy each and every one of them, but, my heart sure skips a beat when I see that gorgeous clump shot of ELDESPERADO. that is just gorgeous.Thank you,Tyhank you.
    and I haven't cared a lot for Black Fathom Depths, but today,I love it, its beautiful.CLOWN PARADE is gorgeous with them 4 peddles. love it no matter how many peddles it sports around:))
    : Forsyth's Garrett Mason is gorgeous. love that one too.
    BEAR CLAWS is a beauty today. I love these reds, too. and I really cant make heads or tales out of PURPLE HONEY CREEPER. its weird looking for sure.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Googling Noah Weston produces nothing. Tell us about it.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Gorgeous blooms as usual. My favorite is Black Fathom Depths. That is SUCH a beautiful daylily.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Debra. As always, that daylily blooms as if it were on steroids. The blooms are always perfect.

Jean, I posted El Desperado just for your benefit since you asked for it.

Mantis I bought Noah Weston from Marietta Daylilies in September 2008. Although it doesn't say on the sales ticket, I am pretty sure it was one of the Shooter's intros. It is, as it appears to be, a soft delicate white with delicate pink edges. Every bloom is perfect. It is an early morning opener. 26" tall but with a modest number (12 to 14). of 6.5 to 7" blooms. I suspect it is another (Pink Gingham was one) the Shooters just discontinued. It has much thinner substance than Garrett Mason, but lovely color.

Rita, you know I love BFD, and this is the first time it has re-bloomed for me to my delight.

Thank you all for looking and commenting.

kay

• User
    10 years ago

El Desperado reminds me of fireworks!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Nope! Hands down Bear Claw for me. It's simply glowing in your picture. Hope you post some yellow clumps to make me drool (yellow is my favorite daylily color).......Maryl

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Black Fathom Depths is really pretty, I see why you like it so. Lucky Stripes is quite pretty, I have a seedling that looks quite a bit like it, unfortunately blooms are quite short. Hoping it will do better next year. El Desperado looks really good, mine had its first bloom today. A great, dependable daylily.

• shive
    10 years ago

Kay and Mantis - I think that lovely pink daylily may be NOEL WESTON, an intro by John Shooter.

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Purple Honey Creeper is fabulous - looks like some of the crested ones so many are showing at the Facebook hybridizer forum. Love the mixture of colors. It looks like a painting.

Nancy

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I think the Weston bloom is right up my alley -- beautiful color!

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I'm really enjoying this show. Always know there will be a bunch of beauties--every one has something I like. Guess the El Desperado clump will take top honors, but boy!! It's so hard to choose one over the rest. Avedon

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What more could you ask for in Black Fathom Depths, my favorite colors and I love smalls.
    Linda

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner