Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

I have 2..Yay!

mizellie
10 years ago

Actually I have triplets on Minstrel's Fire but since I posted him yesterday, I won't count him..

This first one is a seedling of unknown parents. I think it's a Sabine Baur kid but I don't know for sure. Not impressive! Ellie

Two perfect blooms on this FFO, Navajo Princess..

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Navajo Princess is lovely, but I like yourseedling. those are my kind of colors.
    kay

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad you like it Kay but I am not to happy about the form right now. Maybe she will shape up!! Ellie

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Navajo Princess is very pretty. Hopefully your seedling will shape up for you, very pretty coloring.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I love your seedling, the colors are really nice! Is it a first year seedling? I had a first year that looked like boiled cabbage. I was going to toss it but decided to keep it. The next year it opened better and the form was a UF purple bicolor. Glad I kept it. Yours will probably do the same. Navajo Princess is also very pretty. Marg

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Navajo Princess always looks good. I like the color of your seedling. Avedon

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ngraham, I like the color to and maybe it will have better form next bloom.

marg, do you remember the one from my motes that I posted that was sooo ugly? The very next bloom, ( one day later) it was beautiful. I don't think this one has bloomed before but I can't say for sure. I do have a similar one that bloomed for the last 3 years. I would like to see your "boiled Cabbage" daylily. Post it when it blooms please.

Avedon, NP would surprise me if she had a bad bloom. She's loaded this year. Glad you like the seedling color.

Thank you all.....Ellie

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

love that second one , ellie. its gorgeous, first one is very pretty, too,

jean

• sann777
    10 years ago

I am partial to anything Pink so you know which I like best. Sarah

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Navajo Princess is looking gorgeous and my favorite.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I lost my Navajo Princess over the winter. Yours is beautiful and opened nicely for its FFO.

Celeste

• shive
    10 years ago

I suspect you were wanting more of an edge on that seedling. I think it has a pretty ruffled form and a nice eye. Navaho Princess is always a delight!

Debra

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

jean, I have lots of scapes on Navajo Princess. I'm looking forward to a clump bloom soon..

Sarah, you and I both are partial to pinks. So that one, NP, is my own pick!

Linda, seems that everyone likes NP and I can see why. So dependable here!!

Celeste, the first NP I had died of rot and I hesitated to replace her. I have had this one for 5 years and she just keeps on keeping on. I'm sorry you lost yours. Ding me in the late summer and we'll see what we can trade if you want too!

You are right Debra. I will give it a few more blooms then decide whether to toss it or not. I don't want to build more beds and the seedlings keep increasing so if I am not impressed with it, out it goes now..

Thank you all for your comments....Ellie