Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Blooms from A-Z

shive
9 years ago

It rained briefly early this morning. I took a few photos, and it began raining again. I went back out about 10:30 and snapped a few more in the sun and the steam.

ADAMAS - I took this photo in the sun and the petal color does not match the brighter more saturated color my eye saw. But it's still a good representation of the bloom.

CREATURE OF THE NIGHT

HUSH LITTLE BABY

LH X BS seedling - The blooms measured 7.5 inches today after some rain this week.

PRETTY DESIRABLE with INTEGRATED LOGISTICS -For those of you wondering about pink color of PD, I took this in the sun to give you a better idea.

RECKLESS GIRLS

STROLLING IN THE ROSES with petals curled back today.

TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC ffo - This is definitely one of the best budded cultivars in my garden this season.

ZIPPORAH ffo - Zip lost a fan over the winter and doesn't have many buds this time.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 18:53

Comments (14)

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Adamas and Teddy Bear's Picnic are my favorites, but they all are very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Gale

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

My picks are Strolling in the Roses (of course) -- what a perfect bloom -- and your seedling is incredible. I love the color and white edge and the streaked sepals are beautiful. I don't know your abbreviations, so can you tell us who the parents are? How's the performance? It surely looks like a possible intro to me.

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gale - Adamas and Teddy Bear's Picnic are both nice ones. You must like eyed daylilies.

Chris - That seedling is the one I plan to register as Gypsy Cats. Its parents are the Trimmer seedling "Laughing Hyena" and Dan Hansen's Back Scratcher. Last year the scapes that got the most sun had 28 buds per scape, This year with no rain/watering in May and being in part shade now, the scapes are back to 12-13 buds per scape. Most of my seedling bed receives only 4-4.5 hours of sun a day because the neighbor's trees grew so large and wide. It's one of the seedlings I'm going to be lining out in new full sun seedlng bed. By the way, Strolling In the Roses is a color thrips love. Luckily it got the Bayer systemic early enough that buds were not affected this year.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Debra, I've never treated for thrips before, although I imagine I've had them at some time. Please be sure to let me know when Gypsy Cats is available. I'd like to add that one to my garden.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

All, just gorgeous.I just love, love That seedlingLHXB5 and also TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC.. GORGEOUS.

jean

• njmomma
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Love Creature of the Night - so stunning!

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Gypsy Cats is a real winner. I like prominent midribs.

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Chris - Gypsy Cats may be available next spring, unless things go horribly wrong when I divide and line out. Because of a strange, stupid mistake I lost all of my first intro, Midnight in Memphis.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 18:09

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean and Mantis - Thanks for the nice comments about the seedling!

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Strolling in the Roses, Creature of the Night, and your seedling....that seedling is a beauty!

kay

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I think your seedling is my favorite among this lovely group, it is really nice.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

That photo of Creature of the Night is just luscious. Like Velvet. That seedling (Gypsy Cats-LHxBS) with the white star ribs is a beauty too. You make them proud....Teddy Bear Picnic is unique. What color does it settle down to come late afternoon?....In your group shot of Pretty Desireable I can see some of the salmon coloring on the lower left daylily that was more present on the exhibition daylily at the June daylily show here. Yet yours are definitely more pink overall. Must be the time of day the exhibition daylily was picked and the indoor lighting. All pretty nice though......Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Creature Of The Night has great coloring. Your seedling is wonderful. Best of luck with registration.

All the pics are great. I can't choose a favorite as I could take them all.

Julia

• deangreen
    9 years ago

definitely the contrasting stripes on Creature gets my vote! ha nice photos all

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting