Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Many Recent blooms

organic_kitten
9 years ago

I have started to post twice and gotten annoyed with photobucket and stopped. Let's see if I can post a few.

I really am happy with Indigo Edge. It is a beautyad has bloomed well this year:

Devil's eye is a dramatic one:

Faithful and True is a pretty bloom:

Heaven's Edge has so much substance and a very soft and soothing appearance:

May not totally get rid of her (she always does this) but Bubble Yummin Mama is losing her prime place:

Spiderman has put up rebloom scape already:

Strutters Ball:

Photon Torpedo has begun its bloom:

Ashvilles Talley Ho is a soft one:

Philistine Champion with Bird Talk behind it:

Like the vivid colors in this back bed.. that is Shelby in front, and I have been very pleased with it. Spiderman, Brave World, Primal Scream and Tiger Ryver are in the shot too.

This is Bella. She seems to be Gus's sister. She is quite shy of me still, but knows when I feed Gus. I really like her markings.

kay

Comments (11)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Is Bella's hearing alright? I noticed she's a blue eyed white cat and that combination is genetically linked to deafness. Maybe that little spash of ginger on her tail saves the day for her hearing....On to daylilies. Well just WOW. Devil's Eye always catches my attention. Someone told me (if I remember correctly) that theirs was a fader. How about yours? Photon Torpedo blows me away (I was compelled to say that-lol), and Asheville's Talley Ho and Philistine Champion are wonderful....What don't you like about Bubble Hummin Mama? Colors look nice.......Maryl

• shive
    9 years ago

Bella is a beauty! I had a part Siamese cat that looked like her many years ago. Her tail and the ginger markings on her face will probably get darker as she ages. Indigo Edge is very lovely, and I see Shelby is doing well for you. All of the clump shots look marvelous. But I think Bubble Yummin' Mama may be my favorite. That bloom on the tallest scape looks absolutely perfect! I definitely would keep her around.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

A nice assortment of colors. Your Philistine Champion seems to be blooming a long time, but mine has so-so bud count in its second year. Have you found, as did Debra, that many daylilies are blooming on shorter scapes this year? Heaven's Edge is a cultivar that is hard to find.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 21:36

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Your kitten is a sweetheart. Her markings remind me of a flame point siamese I had a while back.

Indigo Edge is really beautiful. Someone pointed out a year or so ago that the photo on the hybridizer's sight appeared to be photoshopped, but yours looks just as pretty. Nice find!

Heaven's Edge is a beauty, and Photon Torpedo is one of my favorite lates here.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow, Kay, you got some beauties here. I really like your
    Bubble Yummin Mama , its very pretty,and HEAVEN'S EDGE is gorgeous, too, my favorite of this group is INDIGO EDGE its a beauty., course, most of them are.moreeeeeeeeeee??

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Maryl, Bella is not at all deaf. She has ginger on her ears and a bit on her nose as well as the tail. She is beginning to meow back to me. (Yes, I speak cat) and always comes to eat. Gus shares which along with the ginger coloring makes me think they are siblings. Devils eye doesn't fade but does cook a bit. Bubble Yummin Mama gives many splotchy blooms and then puts out a few near perfect ones at the very end...every year. No matter how I spray, she splotches. She is moving to a less obvious place.

Debra, I fell in love with your shot of Shelby last year and I am so glad I did. It is doing very well, for a first year plant especially, and the colors and form are so pretty. Bella is such a delicate appearing cat. I didn't need two more cats, but I can't have a hungry animal around...and we will have them neutered.

I have had Philistine champion for about five years now, Mantis, and it became a really good bloomer last year. I have noticed shorter scapes on some but not all plants this year.

Thanks Chris. I'm sure her markings are a happy accident, but she is pretty. Every bloom on Indigo Edge has been perfect. And it is a bloom builder! I suspect that photo you mentioned was photoshopped to have the blue color, but I would imagine it might be more that color in a cooler clime, (they always tend to the red rather than blue here) but it is a southern daylily, so would require winter protection I would imagine. I am happy with all my new ones, and that isn't always the case...a good year. And my lates have started, of course... but not the very lates.

Thank you all for looking. I've had much better bloom that I deserved because of not tending to the plants properly...I gave my brother seven to take to Louisiana with him. So I have a few places to plant some potted ones.

kay

• sann777
    9 years ago

I love them all. Philistine Champion is very pretty and I love that soft look of Heaven's Edge. Indigo Edge is lovely too. Bella is a very pretty cat. Sarah

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Save one of your empty spots for Catastrophe Waitress, which I'm going to send to you late this summer.

I had BYM in a prime spot because the bloom was so pretty but had the same problem as you, even with the timing of the last few blooms being the only perfect ones. I've given her away but sure loved the bloom when it was good.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will do so, Chris, thank you very much. I have always loved the photos of it that you post. In fact, I will add that to my label list for a future order.

kay

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

I think it's Greywoods Tallyho. I googled Ashville, but nothing came up.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Nice group Kay. Of course Philistine Champion is my favorite.

Julia