Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Got some photos before the rain...

mizellie
10 years ago

I am really happy with one of the seedlings that has never bloomed before. See if you can figure which one! Ellie

Registered ones first!

{{gwi:800158}}

I love this one. There werewins but the other bloom was stuck and couldn't open!

{{gwi:800160}}

{{gwi:800164}}

Seedlings!!

{{gwi:800171}}

Comments (16)

• bamagardengirl05
    10 years ago

Can you identify these??? We moved back to the home I grew up in...my grandma raised me...I've cleaned up her beds and where she used to have SO many varieties...I've only counted 8 :(
    She has an orange one folks keep calling a ditch lily BUT! She has beds FULL of those. This orange is larger and the leads curl up...not a ditch lily.
    Also have the standard yellow. I'm just posting the ones I have no names for and would like to list. We drive past a day lily farm going to Florida each year and I want to be sure not to buy the same type. She got hers from this same farm :) I'm 38 an I can remember stopping every year and walking rows and rows :)

• bamagardengirl05
    10 years ago

Can you identify these??? We moved back to the home I grew up in...my grandma raised me...I've cleaned up her beds and where she used to have SO many varieties...I've only counted 8 :(
    She has an orange one folks keep calling a ditch lily BUT! She has beds FULL of those. This orange is larger and the leads curl up...not a ditch lily.
    Also have the standard yellow. I'm just posting the ones I have no names for and would like to list. We drive past a day lily farm going to Florida each year and I want to be sure not to buy the same type. She got hers from this same farm :) I'm 38 an I can remember stopping every year and walking rows and rows :)

• shive
    10 years ago

Ellie - I sure love the seedling your named after grandson. I'm trying to guess which seedlng made you happy, and they all look good to me. You've got a blue lavender eye and edge on the first one, which would make me happy. The second one is unique in its ruffled sepals. The third one is pink and round and ruffled, which I know you like. So I don't have a clue. LOL Of the registered ones, Blue Hair and Macho Man tickle my fancy.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Haven't a clue which one you like, but they are all pretty. I like the last one. Blue Haired Girl is a beauty.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Elle, you should be extra pleased with all of those seedlings. I like all of them but I would choose the first one as my favorite.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, it's the 2nd one that I like. I love the pinks but this one is a little different. It took 3 days to fully open. It showed about a half and inch of the petals that long. It isn't a perfect bloom but I'm looking for better blooms on it.

bamagardengirl. I haven't a clue as to the names of your daylilies but I like them. They are pretty. Start a thread and someone might be able to identify them for you!

Kay, that seedling is a second year and looks better this year than last.

Rita, I am pretty happy with the seedlings so far this year. Since they are just starting, I only have 2 that I didn't photo that's headed to the woods. The others I will give more time.

Thank you all...Ellie

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Beautiful seedlings Ellie as are the other pics.
    Blue Haired Girl is one I've not heard of before.

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

My favorite is Blue Haired girl, your seedlings are great too!

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia and Ngraham, Blue Haired Girl is a Lambertson. I've had it a few years. 3 or 4, I think. That's an ffo. I think the next will be better.. Thanx ladies...Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a great group you always have such beautiful seedlings.
    Linda

• bamagardengirl05
    10 years ago

I'm so very sorry for posting right under yours!! I actually thought it WOULD start a new tread but tag you to it? I'm totally lost lol. Them it posted the hole thing twice! *hanging head*
    Apologies! I couldn't even get back in until now to check and see if there were responses....and it was nowhere to be found. Then I see what happened. So sorry again!!

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you linda..

bamagardengirl, it's ok. I thought you should start a new thread because more folks see a new thread and might reply. Start it again and see....Ellie

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Last one may be Duel Zone.

• bamagardengirl05
    10 years ago

I am going to wait until we get the Internet on out here lol. I can't navigate on this phone properly and I may just mess things up :)
    I have to he one of the whopping TWO Internet providers to come run cable for the router in a house that had nothing...not even an existing phone line! Can u say country? :)
    I will get active soon...will lurk and read till then! Thanks!!

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Evelyn Kloeris is a beauty (and didn't like cold, cold Michigan), and my favorite is your Inherited Wealth seedling. The color is beautiful.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Chris. I have 50 or 60 Inherited Wealth kids and they all look alike but different. Know what I mean?Ellie