Hot Lava:

Crazy Ivan:

Marilyn Mitchell:

Red Eyed Fantasy:

kay

Comments (17)

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Love Cape Coral with the yarrow. Outstanding! I love the Ledgewood eyes. They just seem to glisten. Crazy Ivan is one that I am really partial too. So I pick him. Marilyn Mitchell??? Never heard of it but she looks a lot like Mildred Mitchell. I like it!! Ellie

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ellie, you know I am senile. Of course, it is Mildred Mitchell and one of the best blooms I've ever had on it. That's what happens when DH is trying to ask me questions while I am posting. One track mind, not enough to split:)

kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your Ledgewoods look great, but I have had trouble with Jumpstart. Firecracker does well here, but otherwise I'm with Rita: be wary of Ledgewood performance in the North. The Cape Coral and yarrow photo is award caliber.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, Mantis. Ledgewood's tend to do well here, but there is one problem. It is often the third year before they begin blooming. When they do bloom, they do very well, but it did require patience which I don't always have. I will be posting a photo of Ledgewood's Jungle Music in a day or so, and this will be the third spring and it's first bloom.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

So many nice flowers Kay! I love them all. Barney is really a pretty color. Ledgewood's Pansy Eye is really nice, love that look.
    I only have about half a dozen blooming right now, a bloom here & there. Starting out nice though. I haven't taken pictures, just too tired, but I really wished I had gotten a photo of Neon Rainbow. It took several years before it took off. First 3 years it had 2 fans, 1 would not bloom & then died. Finally the 2nd fan survived & it has been doing great since then-well the last 2 years.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Lots more lovely flowers--my pick of this group is Barney, love that purple. Avedon

• shive
    10 years ago

Cape Coral with the yarrow is a smashing success in the color echo department! Although there are lots of true beauties on this thread, my top favorites are Hyacinth Macaw, Johnny Cash and Crazy Ivan.

Debra

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Too many beauties to pick a favorite.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Nancy and Avedon. That is the most purple my Barney has ever been. Rita's is more purple (cooler weather). Nancy, Your blooms will be starting in force soon, I imagine. Lisa sent me Neon Rainbow, since she said it didn't do well for her. I have it in a pot still and today noticed it has a bloom scape on it. I probably won't let it bloom so it can put the energy in the plant.
    Debra, most of these are favorites of mine, and I would have a hard time picking one, but that is my First bloom ever on Hyacinth Macaw.
    Hard to choose when there are too many, isn't it Ruth.
    kay

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Cape Coral, Johnny Cash (my husband might actually like it because of the name haha!), and Hot Lava...absolute favroites!!! Can't wait until the few I have start to bloom :)

Tammy

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow. I do love that Marilyn Mitchell: . gorgeous colors, and barney is a winner,hes gorgeous,and so is Johnny Cash.I do love that daylily. beautiful. you have lots of beauties today. The day after the storms passed through here and dumped little over 4 inches of rain, the next morning when I went out, I had lots of scapes broken, my foxglove was beati down like it had been walked on. was a mess, then the day after that,I wet out and had blooms every where.. and neighbors standing out in the street looking at all of them :)

jean

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful every single one of them. Barney is my favorite though, just love those purples.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

So many perfect blooms again today! It's always hard to pick a favorite but I will go with Johnny Cash this time. That color is outstanding and that edge sets it off perfectly.

Celeste

• deangreen
    10 years ago

really like those first two photos! great bold color. :)

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Oh, Barney! Great color and form. San Ignacio looks so nice. Also love the edge on Bass Gibson. They are all pretty! And my favorite of Tuesday's ones is Johnny Cash - so beautiful

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I love that Barney with that purple color.I like them all.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Barney!!! Barney is my favorite bloom. But that second photo you posted with those color combos is just too smashing. Great!