Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

don't look unless you're sure you can handle it! warning

deangreen
10 years ago

these are the daylilies by Sandra Nall from Lilyland Texarkana that were NOT for sale. ha! so we can only hope any of them make to registration someday!!! wow, right?

Comments (19)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Those are magnificent! Good grief, I hop she introduces those. What lovely faces they have.

You did warn me. I better start saving some money, because I "need" a lot of these.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

They are both pretty and unusual looking.

• dementieva
    10 years ago

I bet she's using Carpenter's kaleidescope daylilies in the breeding for some of those.

Nate

• deluxemoonpie
    10 years ago

I shouldn't have looked.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, I liked the first one and the last one.To me, they were the best.

jean

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

You are right.. I should not have looked. These are some of the most exciting, beautiful daylilies I've ever seen. When is she going to register them?

Nancy

• sann777
    10 years ago

Wow! There are all so pretty and unique. Hope they get registered soon. Sarah

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

They are all gorgeous! My favorites are 5-7.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

So many unusual and varied patterned daylilies--lucky you for being able to get them and for bargain prices--congrats!! I think I'm with Jean on these, the first and last are my picks, but really hard, because I like all of them a lot. Avedon

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I'm guessing she uses Carpenter plants for her crosses? Those patterns are very lovely.

Julia

• swontgirl_z5a
    10 years ago

Such interesting patterns with several having very clear color- something many patterned daylilies are still lacking. Very good work. Four and five are outstanding!

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

She has used carpenter's and I don't have any of these, they weren't for sale. ha! They were all so fun to see in person, I couldn't stop taking photographs! :)

• shive
    10 years ago

Those are some exquisite patterns! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Sorry, Dean, I thought these were some of the rejects you had loaded in your truck in your last post, because I liked those, too. Avedon

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

That 4th one reminds me of a Johnny Jump Up. Very unique. I've never heard of her before, but with daylilies like that I bet I will soon......Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Yike's what a stunning group of daylilies. I especially like the fourth one. Thanks for sharing these so we can all drool over them.
    Linda

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

Very different from the usual. I'm not a big fan of the patterned eye but I did like the first and last one. Thanks for posting.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Wow, well I guess I like patterned daylilies, cause I like every one. And how mean to show them to me when they are not available :) I did enjoy looking at them & thank you for sharing.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Wow, from the title I sure didn't expect such beauty ;)
    I think Pic 4 is striking. Very interesting daylily. Enjoy your new pretties!