Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Wednesday's wonderous bloomers

shive
9 years ago

There was lots of color in the garden today with more than half of my daylilies in bloom.

I Remember You with Victorian Lace

American Doll

All of My Love to You

Wonder of It All

"Laughing Hyena" Trimmer seedling

Sangria With Mia clump

Grape Twizzler

Cool Hand Luke

Blackberry Candy

Debra

Comments (8)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Sangria with Mia in a clump is a beacon, and the perfect companion with the rudbekia. My American Doll is hanging in there and I hope to see a bloom this year, although it's getting too much shade right now. Cool Hand Luke looks like it's going to pinch. Grape Twizzler may be my favorite in the group. I've realized I don't have enough dark purples in the garden.

• deangreen
    9 years ago

grape twizzler is awesome, I always like the green,white, purple combo. :)

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

The Sangria with Mia blooms all look as though they are part of a hoedown, elongated petals kicking to the beat. I Remember You and American Doll have thrived for you, with lots of great pics, but I don't think they're for farther north.

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Chris and Dean - Grape Twizzler is an extremely good garden plant, and it's dormant!

Mantis - I like your hoedown analogy for Sangria With Mia.

Debra

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

oh my,That first photo just takes my breath away. That is just gorgeous with the two blooms,that purple and Victorian lace is gotgeous together, then the next photo is beautiful too,and they keep getting better right to the end.it was good to see Wonder of it all again, too, mine is finished and I'm hoping for some rebloom on it.Last year, it had 13 scapes to start the season, then had 13 more scapes for rebloom.I'll be happy with just a coupe to extend its blooms.I did find my first repeat scapes this evening while watering a few that looked dry. found 2 rebloom scapes on
    Beautiful Edging, and one just starting on a nother plant, but, got so excited to see the 2 on Beautiful Edging,I forgot which other one had a scape.

jean

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Sangria With Mia and Grape Twizzler tie for first with me. But I Remember You and Cool Hand Luke are lovely. It is so nice to have a lot of bloom, isn't it?

kay

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Nice selection today and I especially like the first two photos. American Doll is sooo pretty!

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean - Most of my blooms on Wonder of It All were disfigured by thrips. These past few days I've gotten some nice blooms on it, but I only have a few more. So far, no signs of rebloom on that one. It has always rebloomed for me in the past though, so I'm hopeful. Last night while I was watering I did see rebloom scapes coming on Edge of Your Seat, Ruby Lipstick and Colorado Moonfire. The second round of scapes are always a welcome sight.

Debra

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner