Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryl_gw

June show

I was surprised a few weeks back when I went to the daylily show and saw so many entrys. Mine had just begun to put up their first few blooms. Anyway, here are some daylilies from the show. Enjoy:
- The first will be registered later this year. Stood out from a distance: Local Hybridizer is Randall Barron
Joshua Barron
{{gwi:802286}}
A nice Stamile pink - Greenway:
{{gwi:802287}}
A real beauty with large flowers (that's my hand) Desireable Beauty: {{gwi:802289}}
The colors were unique on Key to My Heart:
{{gwi:802291}}
Country French
{{gwi:802293}}
A pretty red: It Is Finished:
{{gwi:802295}}
An attention getter - Freewheeling:
{{gwi:802297}}
An unusual striped one: Spacecoast Freaky Tiki
{{gwi:802299}}

Post a few more later I hope......Maryl

Comments (15)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Thanks, Maryl! I've never been to a daylily show, and it looks like a lot of fun. Have you entered daylilies before?

That enormous bloom on Desirable Beauty is calling my name. Thanks for putting your hand in the photo for perspective -- it really helps.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Joshua Barron does indeed dominate. Greenway is lovely, but I haven't seen it for sale much; I wonder if it is a slow multiplier or not that hardy. Thanks for showing us the show!

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Pretty! I like that first one, Joshua Barron. Such a different look.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OOPS! My notes to myself says it's a desirable beauty but the name of the daylily is actually "Pretty Desirable". A 2010 Gossard intro, 33,10, M, Dor. Re. Tet, BC 21. It's registered as a pink, but to my eye (and the camera is pretty accurate as to color), it's more of a salmon coral color. In a cool climate, where the colors would stay fresher, I can only imagine how awesome it would be outside all day...........Interesting you should mention Greenway. It's availabe from Diane's Daylilies in Utah. She seems to specialize in Stamiles and after this last winter she revised her list quit a bit downwards. Was it because of the cold? I don't know. But Greenway remained on her list for sale. She's usually very good about answering her e-mail so you may want to ask her that question about hardiness.......Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:786880}}

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

really nice photos ,maryLI sure like that red one,towards the end.sorry, am having trouble with my fingers and the keyboard, so didn't want to backtrack to see is name.Thanks for the nice show.

jean

• shive
    9 years ago

Thanks for showing your photo of Pretty Desirable. Maybe it's a matter of perspective, but it looks more pink than coral on my monitor. I really love the look of Country French - such unusual colors for an applique. Joshua Barron is a real beauty too!

Debra

• frenchcuffs13
    9 years ago

Wow- thanks for sharing! Greenway is gorgeous. Never been to a daylily show. looks fun

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

Julia

• gonegardening
    9 years ago

Nice pictures! I grow Greenway having bought it at Floyd Cove after the rainy National there. It's a pretty pink, so I'm guessing the lighting at the show is doing a number on it...or maybe my computer as it looks lavender to me.

It was stunning all potted up at Floyd Cove and I found it irresistible. I chose it over several other wonderful pinks. However, I have never seen that kind of performance here, for me. :( It's one I go back and forth about keeping.

It can be difficult to take pictures at shows, so kudos to you for some good pictures. I remember one show where the lighting cast a yellow glaze over everything...

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting! I like the first three, they are gorgeous!

• gonegardening
    9 years ago

My apologies. I think it was my computer as the colors look terrific on here. Greenway looks pink. Lesson learned!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No apology needed on Greenway. It did look more on the lavender side of pink this year at the show. Could have been the plant . Colors can sometimes vary a bit on the same plant. Good information about growing it. Thanks for passing it on. I have limited space and I grow and really like Leslie Renee which is somewhat similar to Greenway's color pattern, so Greenway stays on my long list for now........Maryl
    {{gwi:785631}}

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the show you went to! I went to a daylily show probably 6 or 7 years ago and am planning to go again this year, it's next month. It was cool to see daylilies that I had not heard of at the time, and to see some in person that I had only seen on-line.

Great pictures and some neat daylilies.... I especially like Joshua Barron and Country French.

• deangreen
    9 years ago

we had a couple of Freaky tiki entries in OKC show too! I like that Josh Barron, what contrast of dark dark and bright color! good going! :)

• njmomma
    9 years ago

Joshua Barron looks amazing!!! My Free Wheelin hasn't bloomed yet this year but happy to see yours!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting