Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

First two daylily blooms and my roses.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

Forgive me everyone for not commentling on all the lovely threads. I have been extra busy these past few days!

My first two daylilies opened today. Then it is rose blooming time so I will just put a bunch of roses pictures.

Saratoga Springtime

Lou Anna

Now rose views-

Comments (16)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Roses are magnificent, Rita. There's nothing like the first flush. What is the Orangy one in the next to last pic? The daylilies have started, so they will be blooming away soon.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't know. I have long since forgotten the names of most of the roses.

• shive
    10 years ago

Hooray for your first two daylily blooms! They are both bright and cheerful! The roses are absolutely spectacular. What a treat for everyone passing by your yard! You have created a very special paradise.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Bright and cheery blooms on the first two daylilies. Your roses are breathtaking, truly lovely. Avedon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, was wondering where you been eeping yourself, since you haven't been on the forum vey much for a long time..Spring is a busy time tho, for daylilies and roses. your roses are gorgeous, and the daylilies are very pretty, too.favorite one is the first one.

jean

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

A truly gorgeous garden!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I like the pink one in picture #3 and the orange one. But some of those yellows also are beckoning. A very harmonious blend. I know what it is to have to remember names of dozens of peonies, scores of daylilies, dozens of roses, dozens of iris, and all kinds of other plants. Maybe you can provide some close-ups and someone will recognize the rose. I try to label pictures from previous years and then go back to find the rose name.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Roses look to be having another great bloom season. You must spend hours spraying all of them.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Your first daylilies are beautiful but your roses are over the top beautiful.
    Linda

• Nancy
    10 years ago

So your daylily season is starting! They are lovely, but the roses are superlative!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone. I see more and more scapes each day but mostly they are not near blooming. As to the roses, they get sprayed with a systemic fungicide every two weeks on a tight schedule. I want my roses to look green and desease free.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow such great blends of color with the roses!! really like it. :)

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Rita, your roses are spectacular!!!! Mine are just starting and will be in full bloom in about 2 - 3 weeks and I can't wait. I lost a few over the winter, the most I've ever lost so the 'show' won't be as spectacular this year. I have to deal with the horrible japanese beetles all summer so I won't be replacing them. I get tired of fighting the beetles because they always win. It's good to see your daylilies are starting up because we are all in for a treat! Everything in your yard looks wonderful, as always. Lucky, lucky people passing by and your neighbors to enjoy such beauty.

Celeste

• swontgirl_z5a
    10 years ago

Are there shorter roses planted in front of taller ones to get that cascade effect?
    If you can't remember all of the names do you know what type of roses they are? They sure are bushy. I wish I could grow roses like that! Beautiful!

Debbie

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I remember the names of some of the roses and I certainly remember if it is a floribunda, shrub or HT rose. And those roses are planted very close together so that they all flow into one another.

The roses are planted on a slope that goes up, that is why that effect in the front. I just love the way that it looks.

Celeste, I am very fortunate in that I don't have Japanese Beetles.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Fantastic Rita. I .was trying to think of a word that described them but the words I wanted were used already!!

The roses look wonderful all grown in together. That's the way I like my flower beds.. A mixture of everything growing together. The daylilies are bright and cheerful . Ellie

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor