Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Monday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

It was definitely a Monday. First, My camera battery died, then, since it's Monday, off to the gym. When we got home, the sun was out and had been so it wasn't ideal for pictures. The sun did go under some, and I had gotten some pictures before the battery died, so here goes:

Faithful and True was blooming well:

And Deliverer was pretty:

Wall of fire was very pretty:

ad Forsyth's Ave of Hearts showed out this morning:

Desperado Love was nice with Emporer's Dragon behind:

Ledgewood's Jungle Music is new this year:

Hearts On fire is always nice:

and I will stop with these.

kay

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

All those clumps are spectacular, but a single bloom of Wall of Fire steals my heart every time. The Hearts of Fire clump is another heart stopper.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I agree with Debra. The Hearts of Fire clump is just so pretty. Hopefully all the Monday glitches are now over with and things go smoothly for the rest of the day and week.

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Me too. Love that "Hearts" daylily clump. Great color.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Another nice grouping Kay. Gee, how can anyone pick a favorite. Not me. ;-)

Did the battery die or just needed recharging? Hope it is the latter.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, I love HEARTS ON FIRE. very pretty and so is Desparado lOve. so pretty. I really like Wall of Fire, too.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Deliverer is my pick of the clumps. Faithful and True looks good, but is the bud count low this year? Ace of Hearts is always one of your showstoppers.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Some gorgeous clumps Kay. They are all so pretty and colorful so it's impossible to pick one..Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Everything is blooming so nicely for you love the photos and the daylilies stunning all of them.
    Linda

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Very nice group, but I'll pick the Ace of Hearts clump as my favorite.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I love all those bright, cheery clumps. A feast for the eyes for sure. My favorites are Forsyth's Ace of Hearts and Hearts on Fire but Deliverer is wonderful too.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks you all for looking and commenting. Today was a better day for pictures, which I will post later.

Debra, is your Wall of fire doing okay? I do hope so. Rita and Debra, Kathy, Jean, and Chris, I do love Hearts of fire. I may eventually have to have a row of them like Rita's since when they are blooming, they are just beautiful. I have three reds close together, HOF, Passion district and African Plum, so I get a good show on the reds.

Julia, the battery just needed recharging. I have a new one on the way so I can keep one charged. My backup battery did actually die and had to be trashed. Thanks Jean, I like the colors on Desperado Love which is why it is still in my garden.

Mantis, It may be that Faithful and True is down a bit, but I have been taking a good many pics of it, just not posting them. Deliverer is a favorite. I like the deep orange color and the edges.

Thanks Ellie and Linda. Chris, Ace of Hearts is one of those plants that usually poses for it's picture to be taken. As Mantis commented, it is one of my showstoppers, and such an inexpensive one too.

Thanks, Celeste, you are going for the hot ones today. Of course, I have more hot and showy ones than anything. what can I say.

• lynxe
    10 years ago

and I will stop with these.

kay"

please don't. :)

The only one among that bunch that I have is WALL OF FIRE. What brilliant color! Your picture reminds me of what I have to look forward to.

I'm loving reds these days (still), and now I want HEARTS OF FIRE.

I also want FORSYTH ACE OF HEARTS because that's a color combo I never seem to tire of. It doesn't matter that it's not uncommon: I really like every daylily like that that I see.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow so many flowers! great pics, I like the heart of fire.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm