Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

More garden views

newyorkrita
10 years ago

My driveway veggie "farm" You can not only see the pots on the driveway but my nice new bean tower bed were I planted bean seeds.
{{gwi:75440}}

From the other direction.
{{gwi:75439}}

Lots of green tomatoes on Sweet Million.

The back patio has Snow peas in pots.

Mozart Roses

I am waiting on the backyard daylilies to bloom.

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Everything is so lush and green! Looks wonderful.
    kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Wonderful looking garden, Rita. I have a tomato question for you. Have you ever experienced severe wilting of the tomato plant that's not related to watering? I pulled out several large plants that didn't look salvageable and am hoping whatever the problem is doesn't spread to my other plants.

The Mozart rose is a beautiful pink. Do you have a mail order source for your roses? I'm thinking of trying a few again. They have to be fragrant, and I think I'm partial to the English roses, if they're hardy enough.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have bought many roses mail order but not lately as my rose gardens are full. But I used to buy tiny own root roses from Heirloom roses. But Mozart I got mail order somewhere else. Can't remember where.

The tomato problem does not sound good but I don't know what the cause is. Might be any of those nasty soil deseases. So sorry for you tomato plants.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Really growing well in those pots. But where do you put your car at night?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My car would never fit into my tiny one car (?) detached garage. I use my garage as garden stuff storage. The car stays where it is.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Wow, it is amazing how healthy everything looks in your pots. I know I would forget to water & they would be dead. I did try to grow some peppers in a big pot one year, could not seem to remember to water them. I got a few small, thin walled peppers off of the plants. I may try peas next year though, spring rains would keep me from having to water.

• Mrs.FlowerJunkie
    10 years ago

Enjoyed seeing your pots!! That Mozart is sweet!

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

rita, your pot garden looks great, very healthy and green.if it wasn't fo the dar deer here and the coons I would do the same thing. much easier to plant in pots, then to have to dig up spots and make a garden.dang coons ate up my blueberries last year, so I filled the pots with moth baolls for a few weeks, then took them out when I seen they were staying away, THN the darn red cardinals ate them up.I seen them grabbning them and they pulled the green ones of and dropped them on the ground, so now I have to fight birds too, to have anything.and yep, I put out bird seed for the birds on the other side of the house., darn coons has ripped my screen door up on my side porch trying to get in.called animal control awhile back and they charge big bucks o come trap them and haupl them off... I could just shoot them, then I have the law beating doen my door.

jean

• sann777
    10 years ago

You are the most industrious woman I know. Your pots look great. I can't even have a tomato. Squirrels pull them off green, sink their teeth in them, and throw them on lawn.
    I love all your roses. Can't wait to see your daylilies. Sarah

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy, the pots are very near the hose so it is easy to water and I don't forget.

Sarah, thanks. I eat lots and lots of fresh veggies from my garden each summer but this is the first time I have planted summer squashes and eggplant. But they are doing well.

Thanks everyone!

• deangreen
    10 years ago

Oh the things i could do with so many pots! nice garden! :)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations