Forsyth's Spellbound:

Ruby Lipstick:

Sassafrass Taffy Pull:

There's way too many to post.

kay

Comments (18)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Oh Kay, they are just so beautiful. Black Fathom Depths is looking especially great and Christmas Celebration is a beautiful one that I don't remember seeing before. But really I love them all.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Rita, Christmas Celebration is an older Carpenter that I had in a very bad location. I moved it last year, and it is apparent that it likes the new location.

After bloom season, I will be doing some major relocation of plants. Some of them 'Out of here" and some to new "homes". Both iris and daylilies are being redone some more.
    kay

• mizellie
    10 years ago

They are all beautiful Kay but I have always wanted Heavenly Angel Ice. I think I'll look on the auction for it. Nice photos after the rain. You did get rain didn't you?

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

The eye on Black Fathom Depths looks very bluish in this pic. Does it vary, or is this the result of low light, early morning photo?

Wonderful clumps of Clown Parade and Christmas Celebration.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I have moved my daylilies around for years and years and years. Pretty much done with the daylily moving. I do have TB iris to move. Always something!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ellie, I did get rain, but not the torrents, just a nice slow deep rain. In fact, here is that silly "tulip" tree (Japanese Magnolia) every time it rains, the thing blooms. Like you can see blooms with all the leaves.

Thanks Mantis. sometimes the blooms line up for you. Yes, BFD has that look. Here's a late afternoon (3:00 PM or so) of it.

I've got a lot of digging to do, Rita. If I don't t least really like it, it's gone! Iris or daylily.

kay

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Havenly Angel Ice is just beautiful! I'm still learning what I like, and apparently I must like white spider forms :) Thanks for sharing!

Tammy

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a great photo of Christmas Celebration I've never seen this one before, it is a beauty I also like Clown Parade and Velvet Plum.
    Linda

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay, they keep getting prettier in your gardens. I love that
    Christmas Celebration. have never seen that one before and I love it. Alabama Jubilee: is a beauty, too. and bas Gibson looks to have fatatic teeth on it. very pretty,I like that one a lot, tooCLOWN PARADE is looking great, too. lOVE THAT ONE ALSO...Forsyth's Spellbound: is a beauty, and I love the looks of VELVET PLUM

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

It's those fabulous clumps, Christmas Celebration and Clown Parade, dueling for my affections. There are so many others that extra special on this thread, but more is better, so I choose the clumps.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Oh my, Kay! There are so many beautiful ones here that my head is spinning. I went on Tinker's to check on Christmas Celebration (since I'd never seen it before) and I really love the look of it. Your photo of it is gorgeous with all of the blooms lined up in a row. A really beautiful shot of a beautiful flower! Next favorite is Sassafras Taffy Pull. Is that a Westbourne? It looks like a big bloom and I love those big ones. BTW, Golly Galore came back from the winter just fine so I am so looking forward to those big, beautiful blooms later on.
    I will be sure to post them when it does. I also love the Forsyth one (stunning color) and Clown Parade is a perpetual favorite. It just never takes a bad picture.

If you are digging out any unwanteds this summer and can't find a home for them, I will gladly take any off your hands and pay postage. I just made another huge garden bed and it's currently empty and I'm always willing to give new plants a try. Just a thought if you don't mind the bother.

I love your photos so keep them coming!

Celeste

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

You put up a bunch of beauties today. What's not to love--they are so pretty. I must say Christmas Celebration is an attention grabber, have never heard or seen of that one. Heavenly Angel Ice, Velvet Plum, Ruby Lipstick and Alabama Jubilee all gorgeous. I just got Al Jubilee and it has one scape, so will bloom in a couple of weeks. Always have a soft spot for BFD, love the color of it. Also you have WB Sassafras Taffy Pull, is that new? Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tammy, Here HAI is a wonderful plant. I think it has 10 capes and each scape has a branch so there is a minimum of 10 blooms per scape, and it is a bloom builder and a rebloomer. I love it, you have good taste.

Thanks,Debra, the clumps always get me too. I still haven't posted Wall of Fire, but it isn't the only one. There's a nice clump of Spider Man and Little Light of Mine Keeps going and going like the Energizer bunny.

Linda, Jean, Celeste, and Avedon, Christmas Celebration is a older Carpenter intro. I've had it for five years, but it was shaded until I moved it in last year and it is doing great now.

Sometimes it takes a year for Alabama Jubilee or at least a bloom or so before it really shows out, so don't be discouraged if the first bloom isn't perfect.

Celeste, The Taffy Pull is a Westborne, and it is a huge bloom, 8 inches across. I will keep you in mind when I am rearranging and moving out.

Thank you all for the nice comments.
    kay

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love all your pictures. Nothing beats Clown Parade for me. If anyone ever sees it for sale, please let me know.
    I like the Heavenly Angel Eyes. They are all just beautiful. Sarah

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Got to go along with the crowd on Christmas Celebration being my favorite with Velvet Plum also drawing my eye. You have a very nice group in this batch....Maryl

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sarah, I got mine from Blueridge originally. I am moving it this year because the blooming is only about half what it used to be. HAI is a winner, Thanks.

Maryl, thank you. CC was so silent for so long (deep shade) that it is delightful to see it doing so well.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Goodness, what a great display of colors. Now you must take a garden shot again. Your variety is outstanding.

Julia

• Cindy zone 6a
    10 years ago

Really nice. Christmas Celebration looks really good. and Black Fathom Depths is a favorite of mine. Keep the pictures coming!!
    cindy

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting