Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy9norcal

A few big ones

kathy9norcal
10 years ago

Registered sizes aren't always relevant to what grows in my garden. Here are a few that seem really big to me.

Humdinger, absolutely huge, banana yellow, could be worn as a hat! .

Helen Shooter, very flat daylily, huge

Golden Child, new to me

Forever In Time

Peacock Maiden (and Little Lassie below)

Thin Man now

{{gwi:804285}}
Thin Man last year before I had to divide the clump!

Beautiful Edgings

Ruby Border, amazing substance!

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

My, my that clump of Thin Man is fabulous. Ruby Border is very nice too!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

You have some really outstanding large ones.
    The Thin Man clump is stunning, and Beautiful Edgings is a magnificent one. I really like your Peacock Maiden and Little Lassie. Well done.

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Yup, they are big and I love big blooms. Love that Peacock Maiden. And the clump of Thin Man is not thin. All very nice photos.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Gorgeous, Kathy. they are all very pretty, my favorite ones is RUBY BORDER and BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS, GORGOUS

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Thin Man is great here too, though not so spectacular as your clump. Helen Shooter was a big disappointment. Many blooms didn't open well. As a dip, she takes a while to get established too.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Golden Child is really pretty. Thin man is my favorite though. It blooms like crazy here, or it did. I have moved and shifted everything last year and think they may have to adjust some. Ellie

• houstmag
    10 years ago

WOW!! what are you feeding them you're right they are huge. They all are stunning but I think Beautiful Edgings and Ruby Border are my favorites.
    Linda

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

What a beautiful clump shot of Thin Man with the surrounding flowers. An advertisement for daylilies in the landscape...... I don't think I can pick a favorite individual daylily, although I am partial to warm yellows so your new Golden Child appeals to me immediately....Maryl

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

My favorites are tied between Humdinger and Ruby Border. Humdinger is my favorite color in the garden. How tall is it? I enjoy your posts because most daylilies I've never seen before. Marg

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

A fabulous group of daylilies. Hard to pick favorites with so many good ones, but I love the color of Humdinger plus the size. Peacock Maiden is pretty as is Ruby Border. Thin Man steals the show because of the clump and the size, definitely not so thin!! Thanks for sharing these with us. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

boy that name Humdinger really fits. I really like those paler shades of yellow. so nice...
    I'm not drawn to the contrasting colors of thin man, but I've seen some kids of it online that I've wanted-- and what a great clump of it.....great shots!.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I tried to post a comment and I got a GW Spam Alert so I'll try again. Weird. I love all these blooms because I love the big ones. That clump shot is outstanding! How amazing to see all those huge blooms open at once! Ruby Border is gorgeous and I love that yellow. I just planted Look Here Mary because my favorite large blooms are the yellows. Great photos!

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

They are all just beautiful and Golden Child is my favorite.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz