Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Lillies and Freaks and a Pretty Few

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Princess Charming decided to poly...but it resulted in a square bloom: odd.

And Heaven's Edge which always has achingly lovely blooms like this:

Tried to do some doubling: Ugly!

Big Sur is blooming like crazy:

Cinco de Mayo has begun blooming:

Orchid Majesty Trio:

Golly Galore is a bodacious bloomer:

Call Me Pretty looked good:

Spiderman is such a great plant: It reblooms beautifully, consistently:

And Bohemian Rhapsody was in full flower:

The birds decided to plant a lantana smack in the middle of my side path...it has to go:

And the lilies are really in bloom now, just a couple more kinds to go:

Candy Club: On it's side to keep Photobucket from uploading it as a HUGE photo.

Dizzy Lizzy:

Conca D'or:

kay

Comments (12)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful lilies. Big Sur is my favorite daylily. Such a lovely color.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your orienpets and orientals are magnificent. Bohemian Rhapsody has an interesting color. Is it well transferred photographically? (I think Paul Owen says it is difficult to capture.)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Rita, it blooms for quite a while too. Mantis, every time I photgraph the plant, it looks a bit different:

Some bunch, an hour apart. It is a hard color to define, here it is maybe more orange appearing, but look closely at the petal edges and throats especially. It has an almost iridescent look to it.

kay

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Love Pincess Charming...such pretty ruffled edges. I saw Spider Man today at Oakes and fell in love, but the $50 price tag stopped me in my tracks...I may have to shop around for that one.

Tammy

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow you have some beauties again.HEAVEN'S EDGE is gorgous.love that one.BIG SUE is a beauty, too. looks huge. GOLLY GAALORE is soo pretty, too. and "CALL ME PRETTY.i would call it gorgeous, not just pretty.Those lilies are so pretty, I love lilies.what kind of lily is that that has so many blooms at the top? really like that one.

jean

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Wow, Kay, my favorite group yet. Big Sur has always been a steady performer, but I'm wowed by the color of Orchid Majesty and the perfection of Call Me Pretty. I have to look those two up.

• shive
    10 years ago

So many nice ones following the freak show! I think Call Me Pretty is my favorite, although Orchid Majesty required more than one viewing. The lilies are gorgeous, and I bet they smell heavenly.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Bohemian Rapsody is a beauty--have loved it since I first saw it. Orchid Majesty, Golly Galore and Big Sur sure look good. Avedon

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Bohemian Rhapsody & Big Sur are my favorites I think, but so many pretties! That first bloom on Heaven's Edge, isn't it funny that when they double, it doesn't always come out well. I have one that is supposed to be double, but it looks much better as a single flower.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tammy, shop around for sure. You won't get a clump, but you can get nice start which is all you need. I have bought from many different sources, but I do know that Marietta has it for $25, and if you Google it, you will find it cheaper than that.
    Thanks Jean. Bloom is slowing down a lot, but it is time for that.
    Lilies always smell great, Debra...if you aren't confined with them:)
    Call Me Pretty always has the nice recurve and open early, so I like that.
    Avedon and Nancy. I love the color of Bohemian Rhapsody. And Big Sur is a tall plant with very good bloom to it. They don't all have to have fancy edges or big dark eyes, even for me. That doubling was a freak show, Nancy, that's for sure.
    kay

• deangreen
    10 years ago

ha! I like that doubled flower, wow. and the Call me pretty is just that. nice garden pics!

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Those are some funky-looking freaks of nature there. Then you followed it up with such beauties its kinda like watching 'Beauty and the Beast'. Not that the freaks were ugly, just odd. I don't know where to start because you showed us so many beauties. But of course Golly Galore has to be my favorite because now it grows here, thanks to you! (Not seeing any scapes just yet....isn't it a late?). Then on to the others which are all ravishing. I like the bright colors on Cinco de Mayo and that photo of Orchid Majesty is ravishing. I've always loved Spiderman and your Candy Club lily is gorgeous. And don't you just LOVE Conca d'Or? It is my favorite of all my lilies. Love the color, the texture and the fragrance and it seems like the blooms hold up a long time. I rrrrreally, really enjoyed your pictures!

Celeste

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz