Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

alllll sizessss and shapesssss. Wendesday dayliliessss

deangreen
10 years ago

the two flowers above are Princess Otahki (Niswonger '06) and Little Flirt (L Lenington '63)

nice big clump of Gary Player (Elliot '96). this thing just blooms and blooms, so healthy

these last two photos show the first full opening of Tylwyth Teg (Whitacre '88) and then another bloom on bonus plant I got this spring Lilylands Melon Sorbet (S Nall '11).

Comments (20)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

All of them are so pretty, but your combination planting of Gary Player and that purple foliage plant is a bonus. What is the foliage plant?.......Maryl

• shive
    10 years ago

The first two are really pretty. Are they both miniatures?

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Love the first two. they are both very pretty,

jean

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Your garden is looking good..I like the double you got for a bonus. Sometimes you get good daylilies as bonuses and sometimes, it what they are wanting to get rid of. I think you got a good deal..
    Ellie

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I really like the look of Little Flirt. The double is really nice too, reminds me a bit of John Kirkland which blooms nicely & always reblooms here. I hope yours does as well.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love that Gary Player with the dark foliage plant behind it, really sets off GP. Avedon

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I enjoy seeing the doubles. So many varieties. Lovely pics.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I like the color on Little Flirt, but would like it to be a big flirt. Would like to see more of Melon Sorbet.

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks y'all. Maryl the foliage is a bit of red amaranthus that comes up here and there from seed every year and makes a nice dark accent.
    Deb, Little Flirt is a miniature and makes such a nice little cheery clump. and Princess otahki is medium sized and really multiplies well... :)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Gary Player is my choice too. And that purple foliage is dynamite with it.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Wow, they certainly are all different. I like #1 the best.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You sure are getting some great looking blooms my favorites are Gary Player and Little Flirt.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Little Flirt is such a lovely color. Does it always have the cross bar of color on the petals? I think its neat. My favorite is the Gary Player clump shot, looks gorgeous with that purple plant. What is it? Marg

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marg, yes little flirt always looks like that, I've had some seedlings that it carried right over too as well. the pruly red plant is red amaranthus which was the one constant color I had the last two summers of drought. ha I let it stay a few places when it comes up from seed every year. nice accent. :)

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Are you sure that's Little Flirt? I just checked all 3 databases, Tinkers, ATP and AHS, and all 3 describe it as canary yellow with mahogany eyezone. If that's not Little Flirt I would really like to know who it is as it's a really nice one. Marg

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yup absolutely little flirt, now this photo is early morning and it's not completely all the way open. but a few people in our okc club have this and love it. I got it from a hybridizer in our club who I know is meticulous with his labels. An image search on Google brings up the same flower on allthingsplant.com and other sites like the garden that is daves...... so yup. Little Flirt! :)

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

O.K. Great, thanks for clearing that up.

• jeanne
    10 years ago

You might want to compare your daylily to Little Red Flirt, Stamile 2005. Very nice pics, love the Melon Sorbet!

• Nancy
    10 years ago

It really does look like Little Red flirt

• deangreen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a seedling from that little Flirt, it grew a little taller and less buds, but you can see how similar it is. just fyi. :)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company