Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Blooms Slow in Coming

mantis__oh
9 years ago

Although the garden is full of scapes, very few blooms. Extreme heat next week will accelerate things.

Here is Fabulous Black Pearl, a new arrival, in a pot. Don't know if it will be hardy, and it's not that distinctive.

Here are other things going on.
Rose Liebeszauber bloomed well despite all roses being zapped by an extreme winter.

Jackmanii clematis (two vines here, one a Jackmanii type)

Mother of Pearl rose bloomed heavily despite dying back much more than usual.

Larkspur at hospital garden--so-so this year.

Canterbuy bells sprawling and messy this year.

One of many pots ready for dispersal.

I had to take a selfie for some group. For a selfie, not bad.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 21:38

Comments (9)

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Your farther along on blooms than I am here. Scapes are up but slow going. I always enjoy seeing your perennial pics. Also very nice pic of you and your "buddy".

Julia

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Great photos as usual. That daylily is a beauty. Your clematis is gorgeous. Mine are through with most of the bloom rush, so I need to feed them.

Like you selfie.
    kay

• deangreen
    9 years ago

great variety here, I like that clematis, just planning to choose a few vines to grow up the inside of a tall tall vitex. :)

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Lovely roses! And great looking clematis, so many flowers. Mine (same) has just started,
    And nice selfie!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

love that daylily, its gorgeous, and the roses are just beautiful. Roses was my first love, before getting into daylilies.The clematis is beautiful, too, all the flowers are beautiful.The selfie turned out good with the doggy.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Is there anything cuter then a Beagle puppy? And his/her owner is a nice looking guy too......Your photos are wonderful. I have never tried Larksper although someone in the neigborhood's patch is in bloom right now and I find it most appealing...... Rose Leibeszauber is a very nice rose indeed and your picture captures her beauty.....Everything looks so bright and colorful. I even think the daylily is a pretty one. More to come I hope..........Maryl

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

All your perennials are looking great, even if they aren't performing as well for you as in past year. The pink rose is spectacular.

Nice to see a photo of you with your handsome beagle. It's good a put a face with a name finally.

• shive
    9 years ago

Great photo with your dog! The Mother of Pearl rose looks like a standout, and I love those Canterbury Bells whether they're sprawling or not. Good luck with Fabulous Black Pearl. It was distinctive enough that I've bought it twice and lost it twice.

Debra

• daylilydayzed
    9 years ago

My blooms were over a month late . My show date was May 3rd this year and I had absolutely no blooms, scapes were just starting to pop up. 4 days later after some hot 90 degree temperatures I had blooms. I am going to the National Convention in Ashville in another week so I hope there will be blooms in the gardens we visit on the tour buses.