Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katladie

Finally, Rain!!!!!

katladie
12 years ago

As I stated in an earlier post, we are in severe drought conditions here, there is a statewide burn ban. We finally got some relief last week with some really good all evening most of the night rain, and some more followed the next day.

I looked at the radar this morning and said, no way will we get rain today. Well, me of little faith, we are having our second rain shower, and this one is bigger and better than the earlier one. My poor plants are finally getting what they need. Hope we keep getting these weekly showers.

Sharon

Comments (10)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I hoe so as well. Plants need rain. Rain after drought is as exciting as a long anticipated lover's kiss.

kay

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Sharon, I am really glad you were able to get good rains. I am sure the daylilies will be very thankful. If there is enough rain there might even be rebloom. Lets hope the rain continues to come when needed. Hoping for rain for all of you that need it also.

Sharon, did any of your Tall bearded Iris bloom this spring?

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Hurrah! That's fantastic. I always imagine the flowers having an excited little party when it rains.

• anna_in_quebec
    12 years ago

"Rain after drought is as exciting as a long anticipated lover's kiss." Mmm - nice, Kay - very nice.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

That is great, so glad you are getting some relief from the drought!

• shive
    12 years ago

Good to hear you got some rain. It's so great to have a little break from the heat and from watering plants.

Debra

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Glad you got some rain Sharon.I wish I could get some here, too.Every thing is just burning up here and all my watering is not helping much either.We were suppose to get storms here Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,and my yard never seen one drop of rain.They even took the rain out of the forecast for today and tomorrow. DRATS,and we need some so bad.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Jean, I wish you could get a good long soaker of a rain too.

Sharon, has the rain helped those cavern like cracked fissures in the ground you were mentioning in another post?

• katladie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone, and we got another rain this afternoon, not as much as the other day, but I will take it. Jean, everything dried up here to, even with watering. I am seeing new growth on lots of stuff since the rains.

Rita, I had 2 of them bloom this spring, the heat has really taken a toll on them I hope they survive the summer here. I may have to move them to a shadier location next year.

As far the fissures in the ground, they are still there, some of the smaller ones are closing but the bigger ones have not yet. Happens every drought.

Sharon

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Those temperatures way down south your way and at Jeans just look brutal this year. I don't know how you guys can stand it and those poor daylilies! Still hopefully they will all perk up. Maybe you can get rebloom.

If some of the TB iris bloomed at least that is good and more stalks should come up next year.

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA