Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Wednesdays Wonders

organic_kitten
11 years ago

I know I have posted pictures os Dear Claws more thn once, but it has been such a good bloomer this year:

Guiding Radiance is putting out its usual crop of very large, flat blooms:

Malaysian Monarchcosy with Garrett Mason:

Blueberry Breakfast for its fans:

Forsyth's Kissy Face twins

Asian Fairy Bluebird:

Unless it puts up rebloom scap(s), this is it for Handwriting on the Wall:

Forsyth's Spellbinder:

Whistler's Sister is a bonus plant from last year, and it has bloomed very, very well this year...and has several re-bloom spikes up.

A nicely blooming NOID:

NOID up close - any ideas?

a very tall Island Time in front of blueberries:

Thank you for looking (and for so long!)

kay

Comments (13)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Bear Claws does look wonderful. Especially in that lovely clump shot. You have so many really pretty daylilies and ones that I don't have here. I love Guiding Radiance and also the Forsyth's Kissy Face twins. Too pretty!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW!!!!. I could look at that BEAR CLAWS, every daay. That red is gorgeous. Sure can not pick a favorite out of these as I love every one of them. You must not have racoons there. I got 2 Blueberry bushes in pots, inside my fenced in part to keep the deer from eating them, and the *%&$#*@%%% racoons found them and ate every last one of them. I planted them for ME to eat, not animals.and I never got any of them.last year I planted tomatoes in huge pots, in the back yard on a cement slab back there, and deer found them and ate them upI had a bush with the little tiny marble size tomatoes, and went out with a bowl to get them one morning, and didnt have none, they ate them all, and even most of the bush, too., so you must not have deer or racoons there.

• shive
    11 years ago

Asian Fairy Bluebird and Handwriting On the Wall are the ones that stand out to me. The Kissy Face twins are very pretty too. Those blueberries are looking mouth-watering good.

Debra

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I really like Asian Fairy Bluebird. Malaysian Monarch & Garrett Mason make a nice looking couple. Forsyth's Spellbinder is absolutely stunning.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

My picks are Asian Fairy Bluebird and Island Time.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Rita, you have so many lovelies you caost me money every year when I see another one I just "have to have".

Bear Claws is such an unusual daylily...very large with heavy substance, saturated color, ruffled edges and a shiny appearance.

Actually, Jean, we do have racoons on occasion. They have gotten into the cat food and eaten it, but not the blueberries ....so far. However, we don't have much of a deer problem.

Thanks Nancy. I do like all of the ones you mentioned.

Val, Island Time is so much taller than my other daylilies that I have actually taken pictures of ones right next to it and not nopticed it was blooming before.

Thank you all for looking and commenting.

Debra, I have picked about 6 quarts so far...I do not understand why it is, but picking blueberries gives me a lot of trouble with the hip I injured...I can;t leave them there to waste though.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

My goodness! How pretty those are. I always like seeing Blueberry Breakfast. I can remember seeing a clump shot of it when I first started visiting this forum years ago and have never forgotten it. It must be a really prolific bloomer. Forsyth's Spellbinder catches my eye, as does Bear Claws. Great shade of red in your picture. They are all terrific (and the blueberries can have a place in my muffin)....Maryl

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Thank you for posting Blueberry Breakfast again, you can count me among its fans. And I just love Bear Claws and am happy to see that one again also. The cosy photo of Malaysian Monarch is very nice.

As for your NOID, do you think it might be Lilting Belle?
    Christine

• gothiclibrarian
    11 years ago

Malaysian Monarch side-by-side with Garrett Mason was just plain inspired! I wish my pairing choices went as well...alas, lol!

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I agree on the pairing of Malaysian Monarch with Garrett Mason. BUT, the pic with the blueberries in the back is delicious ;-).

Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Your right all of them are Wonders to me.
    Linda

• nat4b
    11 years ago

My favorite is a picture of Malaysian Monarch and Garret Mason. I actually like all the Forsyths. And I am a fan of Blueberry Breakfast too.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Dear Claws and Spellbinder are very nice today. :)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting