Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Once Upon A Daylily Dream

shive
10 years ago

I'm glad to see some of the daylilies that have been plagued most by thrips finally having some nice blooms.

INSIDER TRADING

ONCE UPON A DREAM has been one of my top favorite blooms this season.

STEALTH BOMBER has been blooming for three weeks now, and this is the first day the blooms haven't been marred by thrips.

TIPPED IN ROUGE ffo

WILD RED HEART trio

WESTBOURNE LITTLE LAMB

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

GREEN ILLUSION

CHAMA VALLEY

WINTER TREASURE

Debra

Comments (16)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Wow! Oh Wow, I just can't pick a favorite, just keep looking from one to another. Beautiful flowers, every one.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh my goodness, Debra, so many beauties in the same post.cant possible pick out just one as my favorite,as they are all favorites. I just love that STEALTH BOMBER .I loved it last year too, its a beauty.Dont remember seeing
    TIPPED IN ROUGE before, but I just love it. its a real beauty. WINTER TREASURE is a beauty, too. but, I really like the near whites.GOD SAVE THE QUEEN is a real pretty one, too. just too many beauties in a pile.

jean

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Insider Trading, Stealth Bomber and Tipped In Rouge are all beautiful and I couldn't chose between them. Once Upon A Dream is a real beauty..

Ellie

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms as usual. ONCE UPON A DREAM is stunning and my favorite here.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Gorgeous, all. Great red on Insider Trading, lovely Once Upon A Dream, and I love Stealth Bomber, Winter Treasure,and Chama Valley. Avedon

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    Rita - Your pick really surprised me. I thought you'd go for the red.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Once Upon a Dream would be classified as a bitone, would it not? Very decorative, but I would be afraid to try it here. I'll see how my Wild Red Heart compares with yours.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis - Once Upon A Dream isn't usually a bitone. I think the sun and heat of the past two days have bleached the sepals. I have that happen with a lot of cultivars when temps go 93 and above. I'm looking forward to seeing Wild Red Heart in your garden!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Oh wow, Debra! So many beauties, how on earth do you expect me to pick just one. I keep looking from one to the other, and I lreally like so many of them. Insider Trading or Stealth Bomber. Once Upon a Dream is beautiful and I have a fondness for the coral ones with fancy edges. God Save the Queen and Westbourne's Little Lamb. I can't do it. I like too many of them
    kay

• flora2b
    10 years ago

Debra,
    They are all lovely....especially enamored by that bitone wild red heart, chama valley is gorgeous too.
    Thanks,
    flora

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All beautiful Debra. I moved my Stealth Bomber last fall to the back garden to see if it improves.First year in 2010 did great and then after that, the blooms just weren't up to par. Always has nice tall scapes here which is a plus.
    Once Upon A Dream is stunning.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Once Upon a Dream is awesome what a gorgeous daylily and is my pick for favorite. It was hard to pick because to be truthful they all are stunning.
    Linda

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

Just put Tipped in Rouge on my want list - it's gorgeous.

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

Oh wow, Chama Valley is beautiful!

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

As usual your blooms and photos are phenomenal.
    It is never easy to choose favorites when you post!
    Each and every one of these is my favorite and would love them all to come live with me here.

Celeste

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Another amazing group. I'm glad Stealth Bomber finally gave you some unblemished blooms, because it sure looks like it's trying hard to please you. WB Little Lamb looks intriguing, although I've not had the best luck with the WB intros.