Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

What daylilies won't you buy because of the name

booberry85
11 years ago

Since I started the last thread, I thought I should start this one. Won't daylilies don't you want because of the name?

There's one named "Afraid" that I think is a pretty delicate flower. Why would you name it Afraid??? I can't buy a flower named Afraid!

Comments (53)

• shive
    11 years ago

I'm put off by names with Satan in the name too. Curt Hanson has one called Satanic Majesty. It's a really pretty red, but I can't get past the name. He is the hybridizer with the most daylilies I like but can't take the name. Examples: Lavender Panties, Pink Panties, Pantie Raid, Panties in a Knot, Panties in the Wind, Don't Touch Me There, Long Legged Lap Dancer, Nude Yoga, Performance Anxiety, We Dare to Bare, and Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Debra

• floota
    11 years ago

Not to mention Arrogant Bast___, ( garden web wouldn't even allow this name to be written out in entirety!) Karma Suture and a few others. Yikes, way over the edge, IMHO.

Last year at a meeting, someone indicated they planned to introduce a daylily called Cancer Survivor. Perhaps because that is a personal issue, the thought of a daylily with that name really turned me off.

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Sinister Minister. That name just gives me the creeps.

And as others have mentioned, I would not buy one with a satanic or lewd connotation. For heaven's sake, they're flowers!

For some odd reason I just don't like ones that are named for famous people, like Maria Callas or Betty Ford. It's the notion of having Maria Callas planted in my yard and at some future point I might need to dig Maria up and possibly divide her. I can't get the image of the actual person out of my head. And then too, it also seems insulting because Maria Callas is a talent of legendary proportions and naming a daylily after her seems like an inadequate tribute.

Christine

• Edward_Kimball
    11 years ago

Crotchless Panties and Booger are two that immediately come to mind.

Edward

• Edward_Kimball
    11 years ago

I also won't buy daylilies with overtly preachy religious names. I was tempted to register a daylily Lord Thundering Jesus or Jesus H Christ in retaliation.

• booberry85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry for the typo in the second sentence. It should read, "What daylilies don't you want because of the name?"

Yep! I can understand a lot of the ones people won't buy because of the name. I wouldn't want any that had too vulgar or too preachy a name. I also don't like the one's that are named after a specific person. It would be one thing if it were George Washington or Emilia Earheart. It's another when its "Joe Generic" or "Jane Doe."

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Edward, you beat me to it. Booger and Crotchless Panties were the two that came to mind for me.
    Val

• dementieva
    11 years ago

This is very interesting. I would think that if you really like a plant but not its name, you could just put it in the garden without a label and pretend you forgot the name! But we're all very particular about keeping track of our plants, so I can see how that could be a problem.

Personally, I'm ok with most daylily names. If it's a good plant, I don't care what the name is. But I don't really like the long ones that are hard to fit on a tag or write in my notebook.

If/when I register any daylilies, I would like to keep them at about 10 characters and/or 2 words maximum so they're easy to remember and easy to write. And I'd try to avoid things that are hard to spell or pronounce (for example, I don't know how many times I've seen NEW PARADIGM spelled or pronounced wrong).

Nate

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I would never avoid any plant I wanted because of it's name.

• shive
    11 years ago

But when there are thousands to choose from, why not spend the bucks one with a charming face and name?

Debra

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

It would have to be pretty spectacular for me to buy one that had a name that I would be embarrassed to say in front of my mother. lol

• daredevil
    11 years ago

I thought I'd resurrect this post because there's a whole new crop of daylily names out now and gosh, not a single person mentioned John Shooter's 2003 intros Cow Patties and Super Laxative!

Naming daylily intros is far more agonizing for me than choosing which selections to introduce. The latter is pretty obvious: it's either a good plant or it's not, and if it's a good plant, is it distinctive in any way? But with names you have to think through all the possible connotations and try not to offend anyone but still be witty and, oh, it's just plain work.

Some of my friends think Margo's 2013 Up The Wazoo is offensive, others think it's hilarious. Anyone here have an opinion?

BTW, while there is the term "Sexual Performance Anxiety", Performance Anxiety itself is merely the psycological term for stage fright and has nothing to do with sex. It's a nice daylily, but it did suffer from apparent sexual performance anxiety for me and was barely pod fertile so it went elsewhere.

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

This is an interesting thread.
    I am not sure I have ever not bought a daylily strictly because of the name, but there are definitely names I find offensive.
    I am not sure why some hybridizers use names that are going to limit their sales like that. I guess their need for the money is less than their need to express themselves as they wish.
    I have many plants that are named after people. It is sometimes quite interesting to learn about the person. My son loves jazz and was telling me about Stephane Grapelli, a jazz violinist. I bought that daylily several years ago because I loved the purple. That being said I think I would use only part of someones name, in a phrase perhaps, if I was to name a flower after them, like Linda's Nina Nina Wolverina - a great name!
    Everyone gets their inspiration from a different place. SOME of those places concern me! - but then I don't have to personally know that person.
    There are certainly lots of plants to choose from if you don't like the name.
    And yes for the record -Up the Wazoo bothers me. I hope she is referring to the "in excess" definition but it still bothers me. I much prefer Earth Jewels that I bought last year!

• wildbirds
    11 years ago

I feel the need to get into this conversation ...

Most people only have a few opportunities in life to name something such as their car, a child, their pet ... Daylily breeders & llama farmers & artists get that opportunity many more times. Some do it to appeal to other people to encourage sales, some do it to amuse themselves - there are a myriad of reasons to select and to give a name.

Considering that daylilies are sold in only two ways - originator/introducer & 'resales' by second (or third etc.) parties, the name doesn't really have much significance in the end. There are no awards for 'Best Named Daylily'; Most Outlandish Daylily Name'; 'Creative daylily Name of The Year' ...

Anyone introducing a new daylily knows that there will be limited direct sales of their latest creation no matter what the name ... 10 plants? ... 25? ... 100?. The majority of new intros have a limited market of only a few - perhaps as many as several thousand enthusiasts, should they have a 'brand name' established. The secondary sales market really doesn't enter the picture in any significant way unless one is thinking reputation; legacy; Stout Medal; AHS Journal recognition ....

Thus giving a name with probable limited appeal such as Erogenous Zone (Hanson) or Statutory Gripe (Hanson)will likely still appeal to enough at introduction to clear the propagation bed of all those single fan line-outs.(BTW, If I recall correctly, his original name submitted was Statutory Grape ...) Thus the opportunity for some fun, some giggles, when naming one's creation - and to hell with the critics! Certainly Strawberry Candy has much broader 'market' appeal than Primal Scream ....

• pdsavage
    11 years ago

Some people aim to shock others with thier humor,some just think they are funny while others try and push the envelope.
    The preachy ones well bible belt,daylily hybridizers in the bible belt its only natural for them to want to share with everyone.
    If you don't like the plant enough to ignore the name there are tousands of other ones to chose from,move on and pick another no biggy.

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

First, I would never buy or NOT buy a daylily because of the name. It's really not important to me. Having said that, I do appreciate Hanson's (and others) quirky sense of wordplay. I think PRIMAL SCREAM is the perfect name for that particular flower - very clever! When I first heard the name LONG LEGGED LAP DANCER, PANTIES IN A KNOT, etc. it made me smile. But if I ever register a daylily, I plan to give it the type of name people seem to like the least - I will name it after my grandmother. Yes, it's boring to most people. But it's also a tribute to my favorite garden mentor.
    Kathy

• daredevil
    11 years ago

Happily, I never had to face the decision because SUPER LAXATIVE is too round for my tastes, but even if it was the best pattern-eyed skinniest wiggliest most fertile dormant tet spider with great branching and 45 buds on the planet, I could probably buy it but I could not put a label in front of it in my garden. And I'd probably lie if I ever introduced something from it. From the moment I heard that name I had visions of how it may have gotten that name. They were not pretty. If I sold seeds made from it on the LA, I'd probably say they're from "lost label." I'd surely get emails saying "that's definately SUPER LAXATIVE" and I'd respond sorry, I can't be absolutely sure because the label was lost. LOL

• del_s
    11 years ago

We avoid most of the previously-mentioned categories for similar reasons. Also because we have grandkids who regularly ask, What's the name of THAT one? Too much 'splainin' required...

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

Great point Del- There are children and/or junior members involved in this hobby. A good reason to keep it respectable!

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

And sorry to disagree wildbirds but I think a name is even more important to those secondary marketers. We don't have that many hybridizers up here. Most daylilies are purchased through secondary markets and that name can make or break a cultivar especially to those purchasers who are not experienced enough to worry about plant habit etc.
    These are flowers- things we plant for their beauty. Why give them a tasteless name?

• dementieva
    11 years ago

In that case, I guess it depends whether the hybridizer is more concerned with immediate income (primary market) or wide distribution and future income (secondary market). Or, as Wildbirds said, maybe they are more interested in their own fulfillment/amusement than in sales.

New hybridizers probably need to keep names relatively safe, but established hybridizers like Hanson can do whatever they want and still max out their primary sales.

Nate

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

I know this is off topic a bit for this thread but have all of those "big guys" been maxing out sales the last few years? I have been getting the impression things have slowed down quite a bit. But maybe not for them? I think things have cooled down up here for everyone-primary and secondary sellers. Not sure if that is the economy or the fact that many of us have "maxed out" our gardens!
    Debbie

• wildbirds
    11 years ago

Not really 'Off Topic' at all in my thoughts ... This thread started with the effect daylily names might have on individuals' purchasing - thus breeders' & retailers' sales (marketing), thus it's not such a long way off to explore daylily market situations & trends. As for the thought that ,"... many of us have 'maxed out' our gardens.", there are some interesting points to consider. Also, whether or not daylily sales have "slowed down" or "cooled down", we should keep in mind for these points, the realities of demographics.

Both the USA & Canada are being affected by the aging of the 'Baby-Boom' cohort. A significant proportion of our populations have been entering their pre-retirement & full retirement years & will continue to do so for many years to come. One of the observations made by the academics who study such social trends, and who analyse related statistics, is that, "Gardening, for example is already blossoming spectacularly & will continue to do so.This is the classic case of an activity that the 20 year old has no time for & the 50 year old loves.Gardening is an excellent business because gardeners need a constant supply of things ..."

For every gardener who is 'maxed out' of space or monies or enthusiasm, there are many new recruits eager to get their knees soiled & to cruise the nurseries & to make lists from catalogues & websites. And this just represents us old folks. What about the myriad of homes & properties changing hands every year? I would think that most new property owners want to add to, or modify existing gardens & landscaping.

I don't think the problem is one of a dwindling daylily marketplace as much as it is finding ways to effectively ensure that all these new potential daylily enthusiasts are made aware of the virtues of our chosen plant & the benefits of putting daylilies into their gardens and landscapes.

(The quote above comes from David K. Foot's book, "Boom, Bust & Echo 2000")

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

I am not sure of some of that. Around here it seems impossible to get retirees to do anything! While they used to volunteer so much, now it is impossible to tie them down to anything between doctors appointments, vacations, retiree lunches and knee replacements! They don't want to look after a yard, a pet or anything. I know I am generalizing but that is the view from this hard working non retiree who has had to run organizations because retirees in the groups have no time.
    I agree getting the message out there is difficult. We struggle up here because the area our club covers is the whole province of Ontario. Also once you join a club the plants they discuss are way above anything a regular person would own. Also not much beginner info available-all hybridizing and such(which I like but not everyone does.) I think we need to do much more extension work not just organize meetings that provide daylilies to satisfy our own lust for the latest greatest.
    I should get off my soapbox now-I a definitely off topic!

Hey there's a good name -just to get me sort of back on -"The latest greatest"
    Would you buy it?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Personally if they don't get this rust situation under control, and not by chemical means, hybridizers will find themselves in the same place as rose growers - Knockout as a one size fits all situations rose plant. People in general are getting away from plants that require a lot of chemical dependency...As a retired person myself I can truly say that tight schedules and demanding organizations are not compatible with my definition of retirement. And yes, unfortunately with age comes unwelcome infirmaties that one must attend to such as knee replacements, taking care of our aged parents or our equally aging companions be they human or otherwise. It's wonderful if you have the time, the energy and the inclination to be part of a social group, but again, that's a choice not an imperative after you are retired......Maryl

• bambi_too
    11 years ago

If I like the plant I buy it reguardless of what it is named.

• natalie4b
    11 years ago

I would (and did) purchase a plant based on it's name, because of it's sentimental value; however, purchasing a flower with one of the names listed in previous comments - I must be really crazy, totally in love with the plant, or drunk :).
    And yes, I would "lose" the tag.
    ~Natalie

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

I personally far prefer a daylily with an entertaining name to one named after a person but I figure if someone is paying for registration they can name it anything they like ( assuming it is permitted by the AHS)

I love names that evoke a laugh and I really like a name that makes you think . A few examples... I much prefer "Look Here Mary" to say the name "Arlow Stout" . Or "Primal Scream" or "Statutory Gripe " to say something like " Patricia Fay" it doesnt mean I dont like the daylilies. I once asked the question on a daylily group " just how important is the name of a daylily in regards to selling , no one there seemed to know but most thought it was an important factor .

I do think that "Crotchless Panties" was named to draw attention to the hybridizer who would otherwise be an unknown or obscure hybridizer for the most part. Not sure if it benefitted their sales in the long run or not .

I hope to register a few daylilies over the next few years and I hope I can come up with some suitable names that will not be boring or hoe hum nor too outrageous or religious . I think it is a delicate balance to find a name that does its job ... that is , helps to make someone want to buy it .. I cant imagine how the big hybridizers come up so many names year after year.

Signet

• bambi_too
    11 years ago

CROTCHLESS PANTIES was submitted to see how far someone could go the way I was told the story. Names will sell some plants though.

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

I have to consider the names of the daylilies, yet some make me laugh so much, and a few I did get because of the name. I basically got Sitting on a Cornflake, because the name is so great ( anyone know the story, if any, behind that one?). Of course, it is why I put Cindy's Eye, in my garden, although I do like the bloom too! I also really like the Star Trek names from Curt Hanson. I purchased Pittsburgh Triangle to give to my son who lives in Pittsburgh. If I really like the face of the daylily and the name is off, then I will 'hide' the tag too.
    I have a creeper/voyeur in the neighborhood, that would think that the names on the labels are a special message just for him, so I had to be super careful.
    I do have Sinister Minister, and I just love, love the bloom, yet so many people will comment " That's an awful name for a flower". I have also found it odd, that some people actually thought I was naming my daylilies!! So I have had to explain how that comes about. Perhaps, I should put up a disclaimer sign!!LOL
    Cindy

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

That's interesting Cindy about people thinking you were naming them. You would have to do some explaining. People just don't get that plants have names.
    I live out in the country on a farm but have extensive gardens around the property wherever farm equipment or vehicles don't have to drive. I get so many comments from truck drivers etc who come in here about why I have all of these signs in front of everything. I guess it looks kind of strange to them. One neighbor calls it a regular Botanical gardens. I wish! Fortunately most of them don't go right up and look at the names or I would have more explaining to do. One of our milk truck drivers does wander over to one garden while he is waiting for the milk to load and if I am out there then he always asks about the daylilies. Lots of people enjoy them,usually men more than women! You can always tell a gardener even when they are doing their regular job!
    Debbie

• daredevil
    11 years ago

"Sitting on a cornflake" is a phrase in the Beatles' song "I Am The Walrus," Cindy. The story is that John Lennon found out one of his old school teachers was asking the students to analyze Beatles songs so he threw in a nonsense verse.

Whenever I hear reference to that daylily, I invaribly hear "waiting for the van to come" in my head. I've never found fault with daylily names based on songs even if I've never been particularily fond of the song. Now watch, somebody will name a daylily for Alice Cooper's "I Love The Dead." LOL

• floota
    11 years ago

Conversely, a lot of people do buy daylilies for the name! My buddy, Bret Clement, had one a couple of years ago that sold out almost immediately. The name? 'Clowns in Washington.' I do like the daylily a lot, but was one of those who ordered it. And the picture of 'The Band Played On' when it originally came out was TERRIBLE. But as a band director, I had to order that one for the name!
    I also think it is funny that Bret has taken some of Curt Hanson's racier names and subbed "hobbit" in the name. Thus, 'Arrogant Bast....' ( which the website won't even allow me to post) is subbed with 'Arrogant Hobbit.' This year, he has 'Hobbitskin Necktie' instead of 'Cobraskin Necktie.' Makes me laugh...

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

I like the hybridizers who can make puns or plays on words for names as well. Some people are so creative, yet you still "get" the name. I like Bret's legal themed names. So unique to him yet interesting to the rest of us.
    I also like when hybridizers use a prefix. That is what is familiar to me as a cattle breeder. We have to use a prefix when registering our cows. I think it provides instant advertising to your program when people see it. I don't know why they aren't used more in the daylily business. I guess it can't be registered just to you like our holstein prefix is. I would like to use one and am still wondering what I could use if I ever have a plant to register.
    Imagine trying to analyze Beatles songs. Good grief!

• spiderjoe
    11 years ago

Some names are kind of obscure , like "Bobbing for poodles". If you dont know the Far side comics you would wonder who bobbes for poodles.

"Possum in a D-cup" is another one. If you dont know John Peat you probably wouldn't know the story behind the name.

Most people that come to my garden read the names. One person last summer said i just saw a daylily named "Fifi Saved The Day" , then i told that person that there is a daylily named Arrogant Bast... We all had a good laugh.

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

A very interesting post! I buy daylilies just for the name more than I care to admit. I also don't buy dayliles because of names I don't like. It's funny but people also ask me where I came up with a certain name for a daylily. I try and explain but they don't always get it. The lady that hybridized crotchless panties has it posted on her website that it is almost always sold out! I am going to have an entire area devoted to "adults only" but won't go as far as that! I have risque woman and long legged lapdancer and hoochie koochie man and hootchie mama. I guess my adult section is pg13.

• random_harvest
    11 years ago

While I agree that I'm not likely to buy a daylily with a name like Evening Ex-Lax or Trojan Disappointment, my least-favorite names are those concept-y ones that sound like they came from the marketing department -- like Collective Immortality, for example. Great little daylily, but I simply cannot remember its name and have to look it up every time.

• squirrellypete
    11 years ago

Well, I'm late to this discussion and still a relative newbie. But I guess based on what I've read here I won't try to register my creation dubbed "Cat Vomit" anytime soon lol.

Just kidding.....I'm just a hobby hybridizer and would never register anything. Although that is my personal garden name for it! A hideous muddy mess the first year of course, thus the name....now she's a vibrant gold dusted orange beauty! The name is so opposite what she is now I just had to keep it....I love the look on friend's/family's faces when they ask me what it's called lol!

Back on topic though.....I don't think a daylily name would ever stop me from buying it. The flower can't help what it was named....if it's a looker that's good enough for me. While I find Satanic leaning or overtly-vulgar names distasteful I don't believe it makes the daylily "evil" or "bad mojo" lol. I just probably wouldn't go sharing a risque name with my mother. I'm in agreement with whoever said they'd just call it a "lost tag" daylily depending on who asks.

• traildog
    11 years ago

Wow, I guess Shakespeare was wrong, apparently a rose by any other name does NOT smell as sweet :)
    I kind of have mixed feelings. I wouldn't buy or not buy a flower because of the name but some flowers make me think of things that don't necessarily bring me joy, so I kind of wish they were not named such, but it is kind of nice being able to know who the hybridizer is based on the name of the plant. Makes it easier to keep them straight in my head. But i have to say I am shocked anyone would be turned off by the DL that are named after people. It seems a sweet gesture to name a DL after someone you respect/love/admire. Maybe they aren't as fun some of the clever names, and I do really enjoy those, but there is a lot to say for immortalizing someone in a flower.
    Thanks for explaining Bobbing For Poodles, that is one of my favorite names and I always smile when I see it. I love the Farside but didn't make the connection :)

• freki
    11 years ago

I would completely buy "Arrogant B------"! If it's a good enough name for a beer, it's good enough for a daylily. ;-) Some of my hobbies have been labelled "Satanic" (FRPGs), it's kinda hard to take any of that nonsense seriously. Heck, my mother grows "Lucifer" montbretia.

I have, however, been known to avoid plants with overly "sweet" names on the principle that I'm a grown adult, not a 9 year-old Hello Kitty fan with incipient diabetes. :-D

• polymerous
    11 years ago

Interesting thread.... I agree with a lot of the reasons given for not buying a daylily (based on certain types of names), and I personally would not buy some/most/?all of those previously named daylilies, regardless of their beauty or unique traits.

Apart from that, I'm not particularly crazy about buying daylilies named for people, regardless of who the person is (world famous, daylily world famous, fictional famous, or unknown to me). I may, however, still purchase it - IF it has certain flower or plant traits that I really want.

(On the other hand, I find daylily names which use only first/middle names, or a first name in combination with something else (such as 'Cindy's Eye' or 'Rachel My Love') not unappealing. 'Rose Emily' sounds romantic to me, and I bet that many such feminine names would also be attractive.)

I have grown to REALLY dislike the meme (which someone else on this thread admired) of prefixing names with some particular nursery-specific identifier. I still have some daylilies in that vein ('Tuscawilla Princess' and 'Spacecoast Cream Supreme' come to mind), but I now look on daylilies with such names with jaundiced eyes. Why burden the plant with such a cumbersome, inelegant, screams-I-did-it, name? (Not to mention that such prefixes can also be cause for confusion... for example, is daylily 'Heavenly Mumble' a Gossard plant, or not?) Again, if I absolutely have to have such a daylily for some reason, I'll grit my teeth and get it, but I really dislike those kinds of names.

• dementieva
    11 years ago

I don't remember if I already said it in this thread, but I totally agree with Polymerous on that last point. If a plant is good, I'm going to remember who hybridized it regardless of its prefix. And if I don't, it's written down somewhere. I do however see the merit in like-naming a series of plants that are similar (candies, truffles, etc.).

Nate

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

On the point of buying or not buying due to the name, I sometimes cannot resist buying a daylily with the name I really like.

Floota's comment about Clowns n Washington...how could you resist such an appropriate name?

I bought My Chihuahua Bites simply because I loved the name. (We have three chihuahuas, and mine doesn't bite, but I loved the name). In fact, I like a lot of Wilkerson's names, My Heart Belongs to Daddy, Bright Eyed and Bush Tailed, and I love Davisson's Carolina Hissy Fit, Mean Green, No Boys Allowed...
    To me, those are fun names, and I own a few of them as a result.
    kay

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

On the point of buying or not buying due to the name, I sometimes cannot resist buying a daylily with the name I really like.

Floota's comment about Clowns n Washington...how could you resist such an appropriate name?

I bought My Chihuahua Bites simply because I loved the name. (We have three chihuahuas, and mine doesn't bite, but I loved the name). In fact, I like a lot of Wilkerson's names, My Heart Belongs to Daddy, Bright Eyed and Bush Tailed, and I love Davisson's Carolina Hissy Fit, Mean Green, No Boys Allowed...
    To me, those are fun names, and I own a few of them as a result.
    kay

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

I also bought my chihuahauuuuuua ( spelling is tricky!) bites just because of the name! Gotta stop buying for the rest of my life or at least a month or two

• Triott
    10 years ago

I also will not buy certain daylilies if I don't like the name. I will not buy any daylily with a religious name.

• random_harvest
    10 years ago

I bought TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING at the Dallas Daylily Growers sale Saturday solely because of the name.

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

I just bought a daylily called Answering Angels!($50!) Love the name. I would not buy a plant with a name that offends me...I bought a clematis called: Radar Love...but like my hey days...it died on me!lol! I bought a iris called Anaconda Love cuz my daughter has snakes(She does not live with me!ewww!) I would Def buy a daylily with a chihuahua name!!! I would buy one called: Just One More!!ha!

• thomastwin
    10 years ago

The only time I considered buying a plant because of its name was to hook my construction supervisor on daylilies - he likes raunchy jokes (I don't get to hear the worst ones - he's smart enough to edit when I'm around), but I knew he would be attracted to a plant called Crotchless Panties or Long Legged Lap Dancer. But when I looked up the plants and didn't really like them, I didn't buy. A name by itself isn't enough for me either way.
    Suzanne

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz