Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Fridays blooms

jean_ar
10 years ago

I am not sure this is the right name on this one. maybellines eyes didn't bloom last year, so thia ia second year I had not seen a bloom,but I was thinking it was suppose to be a red or dark pink, but, maybe not,I don't remember what it looked like since it hasn't bloomed in over a year.

this one didn't show its face last year either, but,I know this one is right as I have had it about 6 years.

just had to get another shot of this beauty.

zbecky is looking red in this photo but, shes reslly a dark pink most times.

this one was so pretty at 7am, had to get its picture too.

This one didn't bloom last year, and I had said I was digging it up and put it in a pot,so I will get blooms this year. well it has 2 blooms today and lots of buds

first bloom this year

first bloom this year

ok, that's it for now, if I get them posted. didn't take as many photos today, started out was just going to tae photos of the new blooms,but, couldn't resist getting a few others too. injoy them, I hope.

jean

Comments (15)

• booberry85
    10 years ago

Wow! Nice show! Can't pick a favorite out of that group!

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Jean, I am sure that first one is correct. It looks like Maybelline Eyes. My favorites are Pandora's Treasure and Maylasian Marketplace. But all the blooms look really great.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Rita. I was hoping you be looking and let me know if its right.I kept thinking its got to be right,I have never moved the tag I put there when I planted it.I am surprised the tag still looks like new and not faded out.Did you look at Mae graham yesterday and see if its right too?

Jean

• mzdee
    10 years ago

Soooo pretty. Previous owner of this house planted ditch lilies everywhere. Can't blame too much as they are all over the development. I hate those things and have failed miserably in trying to dig them out. I would much rather have beauties like yours :(

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Very nice daylilies, Jean. Looks like they all open well for you.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I am just loving these, Jean, they all look good. Your Malaysian Marketplace and WOIA are picks for today, but it was a tough decision. I received El Desperado this year as a bonus plant, and it already has a scape, hope it does well. Avedon

• shive
    10 years ago

I was going to pick Pandora's Treasure as my favorite because of the outstanding edge. Then I saw the Malaysian Marketplace twins, and you know I can't I can't resist a good bicolor. But then came your breathtaking Wonder of it All photo. Fabulous flower and photo, so I pick WOIA as my very favorite of this batch. Mine hasn't started blooming yet, but the clump has about 14 scapes now, so it should put on quite a show here in the next couple weeks.

Debra

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Pandora's Treasure is my favorite along with WOIA.. Clown Parade is looking good to! Ellie

• hostabff
    10 years ago

You did a great job taking the picture of Wonder of it All. That is one beautiful daylily.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mzdee.I don't like them orange ditch lilies either. I do have some,that I was told is a ditch lily, but they are not orange. they are yellow with a reddish brown eye/throat/.maybe you could spray a little roundup on the lilies and kill themout.They have a round up for bushes usually kills anything.
    Oh Debra, is you have a big clump of wOIA I hope you post lots of pictures of the blooms.mine has 14 or 16 scapes loaded with buds, I forgot how many scapes exactly I counted on it. but its a lot.it had 15 blooms one morning, 12 a day later,snd about that many the day after. today it had 10 blooms.its a fabulous daylily.
    Thank you ellie.
    Avedon.I hope your El Desperado blooms good for you, it is so pretty, mine never had one bloom on it last year,and only a few the year before, so last fall,I dug it up and put it in a pot,and told it, that it better start blooming again now, it has some good potting soil to grow in, so today it has the 2 blooms and more scapes and buds, I forget how many, but it should be real pretty in another couple days.
    KATHYJean

• shive
    10 years ago

Jean - I can't imagine 15 blooms on WOIA. That would sure be some pretty clump. Last year I think six blooms was the most I ever had open at one time on mine. And even then, on the shadier side, some of the blooms had trouble opening all the way.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

These are all so pretty but Clown Parade and Becky Lynn are my favorites. You sure are having lots of blooms.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Lots of pretty blooms, Jean, but my absolute favorite is Pandora's Treasure, What a beauty that one is!
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Love that Pandora's Treasure though all the others are gorgeous too.
    Linda

• Cindy zone 6a
    10 years ago

so many nice ones Pandora's Treasure is a beauty.

I enjoyed all of them
    cindy

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts